Nature Quote #1
>The one who finds his first love as nature,gives more in any relation....he just following his first love!
UnknownNature Quote #2
'Don't Run... Please... Come Back...
Unknown
I'm not a monster.
My teeth may be black,
But my heart is not.
My eyelids may be gone,
But my vision of you is the same.
My body may be torn,
But I will not tear you.
Don't be scared...
I'm not a mutant...
Please...
Don't leave me alone...'
Said the hideous monster to the beautiful wolf,
And still she ran.Nature Quote #3
(Speaking of the Cistercian monks) A grim fraternity, passing grim lives in that sweet spot, that God had made so bright! Strange that Nature's voices all around them--the soft singing of the waters, the wisperings of the river grass, the music of the rushing wind--should not have taught them a truer meaning of life than this. They listened there, through the long days, in silence, waiting for a voice from heaven; and all day long and through the solemn night it spoke to them in myriad tones, and they heard it not.
Jerome K. JeromeNature Quote #4
, living so close to Nature that everything you do is determined by her and each passing minute is felt rather than made use of.
Ahdaf SoueifNature Quote #5
- A kako, molim vas, mi drugi ne možemo razgovarati tako s drvecem kao vi?
Ðuro Sudeta
- Ne znam!
- ?
- Možda zato, što ga volim kao samog sebe. Možda i zato, što ga volim više nego ljude!?Nature Quote #6
--Suddenly the bus driver
Elizabeth Bishop
stops with a jolt,
turns off his lights.
A moose has come out of
the impenetrable wood
and stands there, looms, rather,
in the middle of the road.
It approaches; it sniffs at
the bus's hot hood.
Towering, antlerless,
high as a church,
homely as a house
(or, safe as houses).
A man's voice assures us
'Perfectly harmless. . . .'
Some of the passengers
exclaim in whispers,
childishly, softly,
'Sure are big creatures.'
'It's awful plain.'
'Look! It's a she!'
Taking her time,
she looks the bus over,
grand, otherworldly.
Why, why do we feel
(we all feel) this sweet
sensation of joy?
'Curious creatures,'
says our quiet driver,
rolling his r's.
'Look at that, would you.'
Then he shifts gears.
For a moment longer,
by craning backward,
the moose can be seen
on the moonlit macadam;
then there's a dim
smell of moose, an acrid
smell of gasoline.Nature Quote #7
-a superb moon, round as a pumpkin and golden as honey, filling the rooftop world with light, and deep, mysterious shadow.
Barbara SleighNature Quote #8
-Back there our sun doesn't speak.
Mia Couto
-Where's there, Miss Marta?
-Back there, in Europe. Here, it's different. Here, the sun moans, whispers, shouts.
-Surely-I commented delicately-the sun is always the same.
- You're wrong. There, the sun is a stone. Here it's a fruit.Nature Quote #9
-We need more love, to supersede hatred, -We need more strength,
Michael Bassey Johnson
to resist our weaknesses,
-We need more inspiration,
to lighten up our innermind.
-We need more learning,
to erase our ignorance,
-We need more wisdom,
to live longer and happier,
-We need more truths, to suppress deceptions,
-We need more health,
to enjoy our wealth,
-We need more peace, to stay in harmony with our brethren
-We need more smiles,
to brighten up our day,
-We need more hero's, and not zero's,
-We need more change of ourselves, to change the lives of others,
-We need more understanding,
to tackle our misunderstanding,
-We need more sympathy,
not apathy,
-We need more forgiveness,
not vengeance,
-We need more humility to be lifted up,
-We need more patience and not undue eagerness,
-We need more focus, to avoid distraction,
-We need more optimism,
not pessimism
-We need more justice,
not injustice,
-We need more facts, not fiction,
-We need more education,
to curb illiteracy,
-We need more skills, not incompetence,
-We need more challenges,
to make attempts,
-We need more talents,
to create the extraordinary,
-We need more helping hands,
not stingy folks,
-We need more efforts,
not laziness,
-We need more jokes, to forget our worries, -We need more spirituality,
not mean religion,
-We need more freedom,
not enslavement,
-We need more peacemakers,
not revolutionaries...with these, we create an heaven on earth.Nature Quote #10
. . . distant views seemed to outlast by a million years (Lily thought) the gazer and to be communing already with a sky which beholds an earth entirely at rest.
Virginia WoolfNature Quote #11
. . . we come astonishingly close to the mystical beliefs of Pythagoras and his followers who attempted to submit all of life to the sovereignty of numbers. Many of our psychologists, sociologists, economists and other latter-day cabalists will have numbers to tell them the truth or they will have nothing. . . . We must remember that Galileo merely said that the language of nature is written in mathematics. He did not say that everything is. And even the truth about nature need not be expressed in mathematics. For most of human history, the language of nature has been the language of myth and ritual. These forms, one might add, had the virtues of leaving nature unthreatened and of encouraging the belief that human beings are part of it. It hardly befits a people who stand ready to blow up the planet to praise themselves too vigorously for having found the true way to talk about nature.
Neil PostmanNature Quote #12
..The biggest mystery of nature is nature.
Farooq A. ShiekhNature Quote #13
Shakespeare used the word 'flush' to indicate plenty of money. Well, just remember there was only one Shakespeare, and he was the only one that had a right to use that word in that sense . You'll never be a Shakespeare, there will never be such another— Nature exhausted herself in producing him.
Joseph DevlinNature Quote #14
Shakespeare was not a scholar in the sense we regard the term to-day, yet no man ever lived or probably ever will live that equalled or will equal him in the expression of thought. He simply read the book of nature and interpreted it from the standpoint of his own magnificent genius.
Joseph DevlinNature Quote #15
Einstein has a feeling for the central order of things. He can detect it in the simplicity of natural laws. We may take it that he felt this simplicity very strongly and directly during his discovery of the theory of relativity. Admittedly, this is a far cry from the contents of religion. I don't believe Einstein is tied to any religious tradition, and I rather think the idea of a personal God is entirely foreign to him.
Wolfgang PauliNature Quote #16
Unknown
The surrounding environment is the best erudite master to teach us the fundamental laws of nature and the basics of living in lifeNature Quote #17
Unknown
Why do people have to be this lonely? What's the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?Nature Quote #18
Dans la nature rien ne se crée, rien ne se perd, tout change.
Antoine Lavoisier
In nature nothing is created, nothing is lost, everything changes.Nature Quote #19
In the front yard lives the oldest thing around, a white oak
Coleman Barks
That I used to say is my love for the world,
That I now would just call love as it is.
Belonging to nobody, no metaphor, the very.Nature Quote #20
Magic is a funny term,' she'd say. 'There is nothing supernatural about the earth. As long as you know what does what.
Suzanne PalmieriNature Quote #21
Majestatis naturæ by ingenium (Genius equal to the majesty of nature.)
GeorgesLouis Leclerc, Comte de Buffon
[Inscribed ordered by King Louis XV for the base of a statue of Buffon placed at Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle de Paris.]Nature Quote #22
Mary Oliver
Snow was falling,
so much like stars
filling the dark trees
that one could easily imagine
its reason for being was nothing more
than prettiness.Nature Quote #23
Yes, it’s tough, it’s tough, that goes without saying. But isn’t waiting itself and longing a wonder, being played on by wind, sun, and shade?
Annie DillardNature Quote #24
Singing at the Edge of Need by Susan Laughter Meyers (fragment)
Susan Laughter Meyers
Three things I turned my back to: light,
the past, the trunk of an old tree.
One by one each unfastened itself.
To sit is to present when the roll is called.
I knew that. I wore my hat of straw, fringed
like fingers sifting a breeze. My hat
collecting a thousand thoughts…
…I had no map
and few lessons yet to guide me.
I was a study of questions. O Grandmother,
I was small, sitting in the midst of wildness,
a child thrilling at the boss of thunder.
A rustle of leaves, moss tipping at me-
I was small, I was hunger, I was thirst-
wings flitting in a brush pile. O Grandmother,
I was small, kneeling in the midst of wonder,
quaking and singing at the edge of need.Nature Quote #25
At Blackwater Pond
Mary Oliver
At Blackwater Pond the tossed waters have settled
after a night of rain.
I dip my cupped hands. I drink
a long time. It tastes
like stone, leaves, fire. It falls cold
into my body, waking the bones. I hear them
deep inside me, whispering
oh what is that beautiful thing
that just happened?Nature Quote #26
Blue Squills
Sara Teasdale
How many million Aprils came
Before I ever knew
How white a cherry bough could be,
A bed of squills, how blue!
And many a dancing April
When life is done with me,
Will lift the blue flame of the flower
And the white flame of the tree.
Oh burn me with your beauty, then,
Oh hurt me, tree and flower,
Lest in the end death try to take
Even this glistening hour.
O shaken flowers, O shimmering trees,
O sunlit white and blue,
Wound me, that I, through endless sleep,
May bear the scar of you.Nature Quote #27
Could I but acquaint the world with Robert G. Ingersoll's humanity, with his ideas and his sentiments of love, patience and understanding, a renascence would automatically take place that would give life and living on this little earth of ours some semblance of what we call paradise.
Joseph Lewis
And this great and wonderful man had to die!
I do not know the purpose of life, nor do I understand why death should come to all that is; but this I do know -- that when Robert G. Ingersoll died, on July 21, 1899, then you and I, and the whole world, suffered a mortal blow.
When the mighty heart, of his mighty body, that supplied the blood to his mighty brain, burst, never again was there to fall from his eloquent lips the pearls of thought that had been so wondrously formed in his brain.
The mightiest voice in all the world was silenced, forever. No wonder the people wept when they heard that Ingersoll was dead.
He was the greatest of the Great -- the Mightiest of the Mighty. He was 'as constant as the Northern Star whose true fixed and resting quality there is no fellow in the firmament.' He was the indistinguishable star whose brilliance never dimmed.
When Robert G. Ingersoll died, his death was 'the ruins of the noblest man that ever lived in the tide of time ... When shall we ever see another?'
When Robert G. Ingersoll died, the sky should have been rent asunder, and Nature should have gone into mourning.
When this man died, Nature's masterpiece was destroyed, and hot tears of grief should have fallen from the heavens.
Robert G. Ingersoll no longer belongs to his family;
He no longer belongs to his friends;
He no longer belongs to his country;
Robert G. Ingersoll now belongs to all the world -- the whole universe --
He is immortal and eternal.
Among the galaxies of Nature's masterpieces, none shine with a greater brilliance than the babe who was born in this house 121 years ago today, and named Robert Green Ingersoll.Nature Quote #28
Do Stones Feel?
Mary Oliver
Do stones feel?
Do they love their life?
Or does their patience drown out everything else?
When I walk on the beach I gather a few
white ones, dark ones, the multiple colors.
Don’t worry, I say, I’ll bring you back, and I do.
Is the tree as it rises delighted with its many
branches,
each one like a poem?
Are the clouds glad to unburden their bundles of rain?
Most of the world says no, no, it’s not possible.
I refuse to think to such a conclusion.
Too terrible it would be, to be wrong.Nature Quote #29
Dying Speech of an Old Philosopher
Walter Savage Landor
I strove with none, for none was worth my strife.
Nature I loved, and, next to Nature, Art:
I warm'd both hands before the fire of life;
It sinks; and I am ready to depart.Nature Quote #30
Epistle to Be Left in the Earth
Archibald MacLeish
...It is colder now,
There are many stars,
We are drifting
North by the Great Bear,
The leaves are falling,
The water is stone in the scooped rocks,
To southward
Red sun grey air:
The crows are
Slow on their crooked wings,
The jays have left us:
Long since we passed the flares of Orion.
Each man believes in his heart he will die.
Many have written last thoughts and last letters.
None know if our deaths are now or forever:
None know if this wandering earth will be found.
We lie down and the snow covers our garments.
I pray you,
You (if any open this writing)
Make in your mouths the words that were our names.
I will tell you all we have learned,
I will tell you everything:
The earth is round,
There are springs under the orchards,
The loam cuts with a blunt knife,
Beware of
Elms in thunder,
The lights in the sky are stars—
We think they do not see,
We think also
The trees do not know nor the leaves of the grasses hear us:
The birds too are ignorant.
Do not listen.
Do not stand at dark in the open windows.
We before you have heard this:
They are voices:
They are not words at all but the wind rising.
Also none among us has seen God.
(...We have thought often
The flaws of sun in the late and driving weather
Pointed to one tree but it was not so.)
As for the nights I warn you the nights are dangerous:
The wind changes at night and the dreams come.
It is very cold,
There are strange stars near Arcturus,
Voices are crying an unknown name in the sky
You May Also Like
- Daily Life Quotes | Quotes about Daily Life
- Mythology Quotes | Quotes about Mythology
- Cruelty Quotes | Quotes about Cruelty
- True Love Quotes | Quotes about True Love
- Human Rights Quotes | Quotes about Human Rights
- Engineering Quotes | Quotes about Engineering
- Erotic Quotes | Quotes about Erotic
- Law Of Attraction Quotes | Quotes about Law Of Attraction
- Mission Quotes | Quotes about Mission
- Thought Provoking Quotes | Quotes about Thought Provoking
Recent Posts
- Dreams Quotes | Quotes about Dreams
- Funny Quotes | Quotes about Funny
- War Quotes | Quotes about War
- Freedom Quotes | Quotes about Freedom
- Leadership Quotes | Quotes about Leadership
- God Quotes | Quotes about God
- Marriage Quotes | Quotes about Marriage
- Courage Quotes | Quotes about Courage
- Quote Quotes | Quotes about Quote
- Intelligence Quotes | Quotes about Intelligence
0 comments:
Post a Comment