Politics Quote #1
Gordon Freeman
Politics Quote #2
''Censorship reflects society?s lack of confidence in itself.It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.''
UnknownPolitics Quote #3
''Conflict exist in lieu of us, and serenity prevails because of us''.
UnknownPolitics Quote #4
''I want to just take a moment to thank the Teabaggers. Thank you so much for helping us pass health care, for resurrecting the Obama presidency. I know they're saying, 'Why are you thanking me? I was so against it, I marched on Washington with tea bags hanging off my Founding Fathers costume, with a gun on my hip and a picture of Obama dressed as Hitler, screaming about his birth certificate.' And America saw that and said, 'I think I'll go with the calm black man.'''
UnknownPolitics Quote #5
''Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.''
UnknownPolitics Quote #6
''To base establishment of one's faith over an idea is overated.''
UnknownPolitics Quote #7
''YOUR IGNORANCE IS THEIR STRENGTH , SO EXPOSE THE TRUTH.''
UnknownPolitics Quote #8
'Twas The Night Before Christmas for a Soldier
Unknown
Twas the night before Christmas, he lived all alone,
In a one bedroom house made of plaster & stone.
I had come down the chimney with presents to give
And to see just who in this home did live.
I looked all about a strange sight I did see,
No tinsel, no presents, not even a tree.
No stocking by the fire, just boots filled with sand,
On the wall hung pictures of far distant lands.
With medals and badges, awards of all kind
A sober thought came through my mind.
For this house was different, so dark and dreary,
I knew I had found the home of a soldier, once I could see clearly.
I heard stories about them, I had to see more
So I walked down the hall and pushed open the door.
And there he lay sleeping silent alone,
Curled up on the floor in his one bedroom home.
His face so gentle, his room in such disorder,
Not how I pictured a United States soldier.
Was this the hero of whom I?d just read?
Curled up in his poncho, a floor for his bed?
His head was clean shaven, his weathered face tan,
I soon understood this was more than a man.
For I realized the families that I saw that night
Owed their lives to these men who were willing to fight.
Soon ?round the world, the children would play,
And grownups would celebrate on a bright Christmas day.
They all enjoyed freedom each month of the year,
Because of soldiers like this one lying here.
I couldn?t help wonder how many lay alone
On a cold Christmas Eve in a land far from home.
Just the very thought brought a tear to my eye,
I dropped to my knees and started to cry.
The soldier awakened and I heard a rough voice,
"Santa don?t cry, this life is my choice;
I fight for freedom, I don?t ask for more,
my life is my God, my country, my Corps."
With that he rolled over and drifted off into sleep,
I couldn?t control it, I continued to weep.
I watched him for hours, so silent and still,
I noticed he shivered from the cold night?s chill.
So I took off my jacket, the one made of red,
And I covered this Soldier from his toes to his head.
And I put on his T-shirt of gray and black,
With an eagle and an Army patch embroidered on back.
And although it barely fit me, I began to swell with pride,
And for a shining moment, I was United States Army deep inside.
I didn?t want to leave him on that cold dark night,
This guardian of honor so willing to fight.
Then the soldier rolled over, whispered with a voice so clean and pure,
"Carry on Santa, it?s Christmas Day, all is secure."
One look at my watch, and I knew he was right,
Merry Christmas my friend, and to all a good night!Politics Quote #9
'Twas the night before elections
Unknown
And all through the town
Tempers were flaring
Emotions all up and down!
I, in my bathrobe
With a cat in my shoes
Had cut off the TV
Tired of political news.
When all of a sudden
There arose such a noise
I peered out of my window
Saw Obama and his boys
They had come for my wallet
They wanted my pay
To give to the others
Who had not worked a day!
He snatched up my money
And quick as a wink
Jumped back on his bandwagon
As I gagged from the stink
He then rallied his henchmen
Who were pulling his cart
I could tell they were out
To tear my country apart!
' On Fannie, on Freddie,
On Biden and Ayers!
On Acorn, On Pelosi'
He screamed at the pairs!
They took off for his cause
And as he flew out of sight
I heard him laugh at the nation
Who wouldn't stand up and fight!
So I leave you to think
On this one final note-
IF YOU DONT WANT SOCIALISM
GET OUT AND VOTE!!!!Politics Quote #10
(A Free Market in Education: The Answer to Prayer, And Other Issues)
Lawrence W. Reed
No matter where you are on the issue, there is no solution to it within a government school context, only perpetual conflict. The answer involves choice, competition and private alternatives. If you don't like what a business offers, you don't argue endlessly about it; you walk across the street. Why is this principle so complicated for some people?Politics Quote #11
(on his thought on excessive nationalism) ...the country was no doubt very important, but that there was no need at all to act the clown by talking about it all the time, as if one were completely possessed by it.
Natsume SosekiPolitics Quote #12
- ...Intelectual marginal que no negociaba principios ni cedía terreno ante las presiones de una sociedad mediocre y deshonesta...
Mario Mendoza
- Si hay algo que nos ha enseñado el Maestro es que todo esto es un sueño, una ilusión, ilusión sobre ilusión, y que la única realidad, el único sustrato que vale la pena defender, es la potencia espiritual de la vida, esa fuerza avasalladora que trasciendo toda materialidad
- ¿Y qué era Cristo?¿Un revolucionario, un profeta que deseaba liberar al pueblo judío en contra del imperio romano? No, era un pensador que anhelaba, de manera radical, que nadie estuviera por debajo de otro, que nadie se arrogara el derecho de sentirse superior a otros y que terminara oprimiéndolos, explotándolos, esclavizándolos. ¿se rodeó Jesús de prestamistas, comerciantes y aristócratas? No, estuvo rodeado de pescadores humildes, carpinteros y prostitutas. ¿y no dijo acaso, que era más fácil que un camello pasara por el ojo de una aguja a que un rico entrara al reino de los cielos? ¿A qué se refería con esa frase tan dura y excluyente? A que su mensaje liberador no lo podían entender quienes aplastaban y oprimían a los demás, sino los del bando contrario: los que no tenían con qué comerciar, los que carecían de techo seguro para dormir. Por eso, un auténtico cristiano está muy cerca del anarquismo y encuentra en él quizás el último humanismo posible.Politics Quote #13
-Good thing you don’t own a mirror, Mr. Mirrorless, or you’d see how ugly you are.?
Jarod Kintz
-What makes you think I don’t own a mirror? Every face that ever looks at me tells me that I’m ugly. But every time I make them laugh, I get to show them what beauty really is.?
-I see what you mean. Here, take my rearview mirror. I don’t need to carry it around like a vagina on a rope anymore.?
-Mr. Thrustsalone, you don’t need to drag a vagina on a rope like some kind of pet on a leash to make you happy. There’s a reason why God invented right hands and hookers.?
-Why, so politicians could have more productive ways to spend their time and our money than engaging in politics??
-Mr. Thrustsalone, you are wise beyond your years.?
-I’m 88 years old.?
-Yet you don’t look a day older than 87.Politics Quote #14
-Mais parce que je ne pense pas, dit Néron en se relevant.
Fred Vargas
-Et qu'est-ce que tu fais alors?
-Je gouverne.Politics Quote #15
..Liberals see racism where it doesn't exist, fabricate it when they can't find it and ignore it within their own ranks.
Michelle MalkinPolitics Quote #16
Unknown
Tyrant, is the oldest unpaid job in HistoryPolitics Quote #17
Eleanor Holmes Norton
The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with.Politics Quote #18
[Asked by an audience member at a public Q&A session] Considering that atheism cannot possibly have any sense of 'absolute morality', would it not then be an irrational leap of faith – which atheists themselves so harshly condemn – for an atheist to decide between right and wrong?
Richard Dawkins
[Dawkins] Absolute morality...the absolute morality that a religious person might profess would include, what, stoning people for adultery? Death for apostasy? [...] These are all things which are religiously-based absolute moralities. I don't think I want an absolute morality; I think I want a morality that is thought out, reasoned, argued, discussed, and based on – *(jokingly)* you could almost say intelligent design. [...] If you actually look at the moralities that are accepted among modern people – among 21st century people – we don't believe in slavery anymore; we believe in equality of women; we believe in being gentle; we believe in being kind to animals...these are all things which are entirely recent. They have very little basis in Biblical or Koranic scripture. They are things that have developed over historical time; through a consensus of reasoning, sober discussion, argument, legal theory, political and moral philosophy. These do not come from religion. To the extent that you can find the 'good bits' in religious scriptures, you have to cherry-pick. You search your way through the Bible or the Koran, and you find the occasional verse that is an acceptable profession of morality – and you say, look at that! That's religion!...and you leave out all the horrible bits. And you say, 'Oh, we don't believe that anymore, we've grown out of that.' Well, of course we've grown out of it. We've grown out of it because of secular moral philosophy and rational discussion.Politics Quote #19
What is a woman's place in this modern world? Jasnah Kholin's words read. I rebel against this question, though so many of my peers ask it. The inherent bias in the inquiry seems invisible to so many of them. They consider themselves progressive because they are willing to challenge many of the assumptions of the past.
Brandon Sanderson
They ignore the greater assumption--that a 'place' for women must be defined and set forth to begin with. Half of the population must somehow be reduced to the role arrived at by a single conversation. No matter how broad that role is, it will be--by-nature--a reduction from the infinite variety that is womanhood.
I say that there is no role for women--there is, instead, a role for each woman, and she must make it for herself. For some, it will be the role of scholar; for others, it will be the role of wife. For others, it will be both. For yet others, it will be neither.
Do not mistake me in assuming I value one woman's role above another. My point is not to stratify our society--we have done that far to well already--my point is to diversify our discourse.
A woman's strength should not be in her role, whatever she chooses it to be, but in the power to choose that role. It is amazing to me that I even have to make this point, as I see it as the very foundation of our conversation.Politics Quote #20
? Before aligning the body to the future, the mind has to straighten out from the impairment of religion.
David L. LloydPolitics Quote #21
?I don't hate Republicans as individuals. But I hate what the Republicans are doing to this country. I really do. ?
UnknownPolitics Quote #22
?I fear being like everyone I hate, I fear failure, I fear losing control. I love balancing between chaos and control with everything I do. I always have a fear of going one way or another, getting lost in something, or losing everything to get lost in. And I fear being a completely acceptable sheep in society.?
UnknownPolitics Quote #23
?I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.?
UnknownPolitics Quote #24
?In politics ,nothing happens by accident. If happened , you can bet it was planned that way?
UnknownPolitics Quote #25
?Instead of creating new jobs, Republicans gave tax cuts to companies that send jobs overseas.?
UnknownPolitics Quote #26
?Latins for Republicans - it's like roaches for Raid.?
UnknownPolitics Quote #27
?Republicans don't want to 'save the world'; they want to save the country from those who would 'save the world.?
UnknownPolitics Quote #28
?Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.?
UnknownPolitics Quote #29
?The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries.?
UnknownPolitics Quote #30
?There is a big difference between Viet Nam and Iraq.
Unknown
In Viet Nam George W. Bush had an exit strategy.?
You May Also Like
- Shame Quotes | Quotes about Shame
- Endurance Quotes | Quotes about Endurance
- Equality Quotes | Quotes about Equality
- Film Quotes | Quotes about Film
- Lawyers Quotes | Quotes about Lawyers
- Inspirational Love Quotes | Quotes about Inspirational Love
- Love Hurts Quotes | Quotes about Love Hurts
- Living Life Quotes | Quotes about Living Life
- Positive Thoughts Quotes | Quotes about Positive Thoughts
- Teacher Quotes | Quotes about Teacher
Recent Posts
- Nature Quotes | Quotes about Nature
- Dreams Quotes | Quotes about Dreams
- Funny Quotes | Quotes about Funny
- War Quotes | Quotes about War
- Freedom Quotes | Quotes about Freedom
- Leadership Quotes | Quotes about Leadership
- God Quotes | Quotes about God
- Marriage Quotes | Quotes about Marriage
- Courage Quotes | Quotes about Courage
- Quote Quotes | Quotes about Quote
0 comments:
Post a Comment