Page 2 of Irony Quotes | Quotes about Irony

Leave a Comment
  • Irony Quote #1

    Aku telah mengidap sakit gila nomor enam belas: yakni penyakit manusia yang membuat dunia sendiri dalam kepalanya, menciptakan masalah-masalahnya sendiri, terpuruk di dalamnya, lalu menyelesaikan masalah-masalah itu, sambil tertawa-tawa, juga sendirian.

    Andrea Hirata

  • Irony Quote #2

    All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.

    Tom Robbins
  • Irony Quote #3

    All of which does not alter the fact that Pnin was on the wrong train.

    Vladimir Nabokov
  • Irony Quote #4

    All U.S. irony is based on an implicit I don't really mean what I say. So what does irony as a cultural norm mean to say? That it's impossible to mean what you say? That maybe it's too bad it's impossible, but wake up and smell the coffee already? Most likely, I think, today's irony ends up saying: How very banal to ask what I mean. Anyone with the heretical gall to ask an ironist what he actually stands for ends up looking like a hysteric or a prig. And herein lies the oppressiveness of institutionalized irony, the too-successful rebel: the ability to interdict the question without attending to its content is tyranny. It is the new junta, using the very tool that exposed its enemy to insulate itself.

    This is why our educated teleholic friends' use of weary cynicism to try to seem superior to TV is so pathetic.

    David Foster Wallace
  • Irony Quote #5

    An unhappy ending makes it literature rather than romantic fiction.

    Victoria Clayton
  • Irony Quote #6

    And for God's sake, if you need to shoot make sure to release the safety ,” he murmured, as we moved across the front, careful to stick to the shadows as often as we could. So far, I hadn't seen anyone, not even zombies. It wasn't uncommon for a straggler to come along, every now and then. Lucky for us, we were remote enough that we hadn't had any major issues with any hordes locating us. The men were quick to dispatch any zombies that hung around, not willing to take the risk that somehow they could communicate with each other. Not to mention, the zombies were strong and fast. It was better to end them, rather than to risk them one day killing one of us.

    Rose Wynters
  • Irony Quote #7

    And how is your head? Better? he asked.
    Very much. Sometimes it hurts. Right now it was throbbing. But every day I am much improved.
    Where did you hit it? Are you bruised?
    I put a hand to the back of my head, a little to the left, where I had landed with such jarring force. Here, I said. It's still a little tender.
    And leaning forward, he touched my hair right where I had just laid my hand. Such was he glamour that attended him that I expected the ache to instantly melt away, healed by his royal caress. But in fact, I felt a sudden leap in my heart that made the pain briefly more intense.

    Sharon Shinn
  • Irony Quote #8

    And I wondered if we had disappointed God so much, that he wrote us off as pets, just alive to entertain.

    Bethany Brookbank
  • Irony Quote #9

    And if a diversion is needed, why not arrest a general? Arthur Dillon is a friend of eminent deputies, a contender for the post of Commander-in-Chief of the Northern Front; he has proved himself at Valmy and in a halfdozen actions since. In the National Assembly he was a liberal; now he is a republican. Isn’t it then logical that he should be thrown into gaol, July 1, on suspicion of passing military secrets to the enemy?

    Hilary Mantel
  • Irony Quote #10

    And it's really very difficult to kill someone when all your inner instincts would oblige you to take off your hat first!

    Susan Kay
  • Irony Quote #11

    And now none of it could be undone. That was the exquisite irony: the act that had undone everything could not itself be undone.

    Paul Russell
  • Irony Quote #12

    And on the pedestal these words appear:?
    'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:?
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
    ?Nothing beside remains.
    Round the decay?
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare?
    The lone and level sands stretch far away.

    Percy Bysshe Shelley
  • Irony Quote #13

    And that's my problem. I love to be alone and hate being around people, but I love to be with people and hate being alone. I don't know what I like and I don't know what I want. Time is a difficult thing. It moves too slowly and speeds up when you finally wish it would slow down or stop. You get to the aftermath and all you have are your memories. Precious memories. The kind that make you smile and laugh like you're living it again, while a nostalgic tear falls. And then another. And then another, until you want to just forget it all to stop the painfully happy memories because at the end of the day, those - not the sad ones - are the memories that hurt us most.

    Caitlyn Paige
  • Irony Quote #14

    and their days make no story for they were good and joyful and without event

    Tanith Lee
  • Irony Quote #15

    And yet Praecursoris is not punished the same way, only because it is not practical, and he is needed for breeding?

    Naomi Novik
  • Irony Quote #16

    And yet sometimes we become the person we most dread. Or maybe we dread most the person we know we are to become.

    Reif Larsen
  • Irony Quote #17

    And yet sometimes we become the person we most dread. Or maybe we dread most the person we know we are to become.

    Reif Larson
  • Irony Quote #18

    And, conversely, she went on to herself, sneering at the Grand Duke's palace, poverty is wasted on the poor, who never know how to make the best of things, are only the rich without money, are just as useless at looking after themselves, can't handle their cash just like the rich can't, always squandering it on bright, pretty, useless things in just the same way.

    Angela Carter
  • Irony Quote #19

    Anyway, I'm in bed with her, with her bracelets. Her face is a blank, so I darken the lights. Off go her silky undergarments. The bracelets are all she has on. They glint slightly, a pleasant muffled clinking on the sheets. I have a hard-on.

    Which, halfway down the ladder, is what I noticed. Just great. Why now? Why didn't I get an erection when I needed one? And why was I getting so excited over two lousy bracelets? Especially under this slicker, with the world about to end.

    Haruki Murakami
  • Irony Quote #20

    Anyway, if the Cetagandans really wanted to assassinate you, they'd hardly do it here. They'd slip something subtle under your skin that wouldn't go off for six months, and then would drop you mysteriously and untraceably in your tracks

    Lois McMaster Bujold
  • Irony Quote #21

    Are we not all actors playing parts in another person's play?

    Shannon L. Alder
  • Irony Quote #22

    As a rule,
    I believe people shouldn't follow rules;
    rules should follow people.

    Eric Micha'el Leventhal
  • Irony Quote #23

    As learnèd commentators view
    In Homer more than Homer knew.

    Jonathan Swift
  • Irony Quote #24

    As soon as they leave, Leon says to me: I disagree, sir. There are people who aren't insane, and I'm one of them. People who generalize are mentally ill.

    Milton Rokeach
  • Irony Quote #25

    As soon as whatever provisional well of confidence dries up, I will feel like a frightened motherless child. And I will—what? Lessee, I'll beg friends to assure me I'm fascinating, that my soul is complex so I can once more conduce to irony. An abyss opens up.

    Maryse Holder
  • Irony Quote #26

    As soon as you say it about a record, you're like some little zombie in a funny dungeon.

    Lorde
  • Irony Quote #27

    As the ironist does not have the new within his power, it might be asked how he destroys the old, and to this it must be answered: he destroys the given actuality by the given actuality itself.

    Søren Kierkegaard
  • Irony Quote #28

    As usual I was working the graveyard shift—an irony I reveled in—at an emergency call center. What other shift would a vampire feel comfortable working?

    Pat Henshaw
  • Irony Quote #29

    Assumptions are unopened windows that foolish birds fly into, and their broken bodies are evidence gathered too late.

    Bryan Davis
  • Irony Quote #30

    Be extremely careful when using irony: bear in mind that irony might be
    an overture for sarcasm

    Eraldo Banovac

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.