Marriage Quote #1
!I0m not blaming you, he stated firmly. I'm just trying to think. God, Kate, there are times when I think you hate me. When I think you would do anything to get rid of me. And then... there's last night. And all of the other times like it. I have never been more alive than when I'm with you.
Rachel HigginsonMarriage Quote #2
# "He who marries for love without money has good nights and sorry days."
UnknownMarriage Quote #3
(Can human beings change? The humor, and the sadness, of remarriage comedies can be said to result from the fact that we have no good answer to that question.)
Stanley CavellMarriage Quote #4
(Did you love your wife) I convinced myself I did when I married. I willed myself into the appropriate feelings without knowing what the appropriate feelings were. I endowed her with qualities she did not have and then despised her for not having them. Afterwards I might have learned to love her if I had thought more of her needs and less of my own.
P.D. JamesMarriage Quote #5
(Nicholas)Am I dead?
Donna MacMeans
An odd question, but then she rememberd her mourning attire. No sir, you are not.
He relaxed a moment, then turned his head slightly as if searching for other passengers. His brows dived in a scowl.
Am I married?
She wasn't sure how to answer. His kid gloves hid any evidence of his matrimonial state, but his expression of instantaneous alarm and regret suggested he was referring specifically to her.
No sir, we are not.Marriage Quote #6
(On getting married at 19)
Crystal Woods
We told ourselves we had forever and we never looked back. The problem was that we never really looked ahead.Marriage Quote #7
(Regarding Marriage) Both people need to care deeply about the other person, to put the other’s needs before their own, and to make a daily commitment to that person to stick it out.
Alessandra TorreMarriage Quote #8
(Response to King Erik XIV of Sweden's proposal of marriage:)
Elizabeth I Tudor
[W]hile we perceive ... the zeal and love of your mind towards us is not diminished, yet in part we are grieved that we cannot gratify your Serene Highness with the same kind of affection. And that indeed does not happen because we doubt in any way of your love and honour, but, as often we have testified both in words and writing, that we have never yet conceived a feeling of that kind of affection towards anyone.
We therefore beg your Serene Highness again and again that you be pleased to set a limit to your love, that it advance not beyond the laws of friendship for the present nor disregard them in the future. ...
We certainly think that if God ever direct our hearts to consideration of marriage we shall never accept or choose any absent husband how powerful and wealthy a Prince soever. But that we are not to give you an answer until we have seen your person is so far from the thing itself that we never even considered such a thing. I have always given both to your brother ... and also to your ambassador likewise the same answer with scarcely any variation of the words, that we do not conceive in our heart to take a husband but highly commend this single life, and hope that your Serene Highness will no longer spend time in waiting for us.Marriage Quote #9
(When)
Crystal Woods
When you call me nugget.
When you take pictures of me.
When you dance.
When you complement me.
When you laugh.
When your eyes squint as you smile.
When we make love when we're sick.
I fall more in love with you.Marriage Quote #10
- Be', proprio così, -insistette. - Perché non ti sposi?
J.D. Salinger
Abbandonando la sua posizione, Zooey prese dalla tasca posteriore dei calzoni un fazzoletto piegato, [...] e disse: - Mi piace troppo viaggiare in treno. Quando sei sposato non puoi più sederti vicino l finestrino.Marriage Quote #11
- if only us females had a Build - a guy WORKSHOP !
UnknownMarriage Quote #12
--So we reached our decisions simultaneously, and apart, and if I knew that Court was fighting a battle, did he, too, sense mine? Did it have anything to do with his coming back to life again? For he is here, I am no longer living with a marble image. And I will never know why. Court being Court I can never ask him why; we wrestled with our problems alone and we must live alone with the answers. And is it part of a marriage, part of being a human being, that we must always reach our decisions alone?
Madeleine L'EngleMarriage Quote #13
-mummy mummy why is the woman wearing a pretty white dress?
Unknown
-She's getting married to the man right next to her, see? That's why she's so elegant. And she's wearing white because it's the colour of purity and most of all: happiness. She's wearing wMarriage Quote #14
-There’s a beautiful woman here for you who wants to have sex.?
Jarod Kintz
-Tell her I’m married. Then tell her I’ll be there as soon as I can.Marriage Quote #15
. . .how he had loved Christine more than he had understood, that sometimes one forgot what it meant, really, to love, the way the tide of a marriage advances and retreats, . .
KalotayMarriage Quote #16
..but it seemed to him that the tie between husband and wife, if breakable in prosperity, should be indissoluble in misfortune.
Edith WhartonMarriage Quote #17
..he had found himself thinking that marriage was not merely an empty ritual. It was a plea for patience on the part of those involved, and for the mercy on the part of bystanders.
Margot LiveseyMarriage Quote #18
.But I loved her first and I held her first and a place in my heart will always be hers. From the first breath she breathed, when she first smiled at me, I knew the love of a father runs deep. And I prayed that she'd find you one day, but it still hurts to give her away. And I knew the first time I saw you with her it was only a matter of time. Someday you might know what I'm going through when a miracle smiles up at you, but I loved her first.
UnknownMarriage Quote #19
.though modern Marriage is a tremendous laboratory, its members are often utterly without preparation for the partnership function. How much agony and remorse and failure could have been avoided if there had been at least some rudimentary learning before they entered the partnership.And that statement is equally valid for all relationships.
Leo BuscagliaMarriage Quote #20
Unknown
"Show me a perfect marriage and I will show you a compromising couples."Marriage Quote #21
Today Tibe said he loves me, that he wants to marry me. I do not believe him. Why would he want such a thing? I am no one of consequence. No great beauty or intellect, no strength or power to aid his reign. I bring nothing to him but worry and weight. He needs someone strong at his side, a person who laughs at the gossips and overcomes her own doubts. Tibe is as weak as I am, a lonely boy without a path of his own. I will only make things worse. I will only bring him pain. How can I do that?
Victoria AveyardMarriage Quote #22
[Home Economics Textbook from 1950]: Make [your husband] comfortable. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in low, soft, soothing tones, allowing him to relax and unwind.
Celia Rivenbark
Mama Celia: Place a pillow over his head and hold it there until he promises to do at least one household chore a month.Marriage Quote #23
[Home Economics Textbook from 1950]: Prepare yourself. Take fifteen minutes to rest so you'll look refreshed when hubby comes home from work. Touch up makeup and put a ribbon in your hair. He's just been with work-weary people. Be a little gay. His boring day needs a lift.
Celia Rivenbark
Mama Celia: Get knee-walking drunk. You've earned it. You've been with four kids under the age of seven all day. Put a ribbon in your nose and try to pull it out of your mouth. You're wasted, after all. Announce you're gay. The look on his face will give you a lift.Marriage Quote #24
It´s a little song about abandonment, and it goes something like this....
Suzanne FinnamoreMarriage Quote #25
What has started you on this? I asked. We were talking about the holidays.
Cynthia Lawrence
Los Angeles is not a safe place for a young woman alone. I feel it in my bones.
That's your arthritis, Aunt Sadie. Do you want me to get a gun? I'd probably shoot myself in the foot.
I'd rather you got married again.
That might be worse than shooting myself in the foot.Marriage Quote #26
You get what you give, we will tell his sorry, selfish ass. The Betty Lady has spoken. I detect a Bronx accent.
Suzanne Finnamore
But, I demur, it will make the other woman say, ´See? She IS a jealous and paranoid and pushy wife.´
The Betty Lady rips open a cell phone statement with a nail file and, without looking up at me, says, Let me tell you something, honey. In my experience? The only thing they care about is what they see in the mirror each morning and WINNING...or their perception of winning.Marriage Quote #27
You Chose
Shannon L. Alder
You chose.
You chose.
You chose.
You chose to give away your love.
You chose to have a broken heart.
You chose to give up.
You chose to hang on.
You chose to react.
You chose to feel insecure.
You chose to feel anger.
You chose to fight back.
You chose to have hope.
You chose to be naïve.
You chose to ignore your intuition.
You chose to ignore advice.
You chose to look the other way.
You chose to not listen.
You chose to be stuck in the past.
You chose your perspective.
You chose to blame.
You chose to be right.
You chose your pride.
You chose your games.
You chose your ego.
You chose your paranoia.
You chose to compete.
You chose your enemies.
You chose your consequences.
You chose.
You chose.
You chose.
You chose.
However, you are not alone. Generations of women in your family have chosen. Women around the world have chosen. We all have chosen at one time in our lives. We stand behind you now screaming:
Choose to let go.
Choose dignity.
Choose to forgive yourself.
Choose to forgive others.
Choose to see your value.
Choose to show the world you’re not a victim.
Choose to make us proud.Marriage Quote #28
A Blessing for Wedding
Jane Hirshfield
Today when persimmons ripen
Today when fox-kits come out of their den into snow
Today when the spotted egg releases its wren song
Today when the maple sets down its red leaves
Today when windows keep their promise to open
Today when fire keeps its promise to warm
Today when someone you love has died
or someone you never met has died
Today when someone you love has been born
or someone you will not meet has been born
Today when rain leaps to the waiting of roots in their dryness
Today when starlight bends to the roofs of the hungry and tired
Today when someone sits long inside his last sorrow
Today when someone steps into the heat of her first embrace
Today, let this light bless you
With these friends let it bless you
With snow-scent and lavender bless you
Let the vow of this day keep itself wildly and wholly
Spoken and silent, surprise you inside your ears
Sleeping and waking, unfold itself inside your eyes
Let its fierceness and tenderness hold you
Let its vastness be undisguised in all your daysMarriage Quote #29
Anyone can say 'I love you', however so many other sayings carry more weight in a relationship:
Shannon L. Alder
“I understand what you went through because I went through it too.”
“I believe you and in you.”
“I see the pain you are going through and we will conquer this together.”
“I don’t want to change you. I just want to help you become the best version of yourself.”
“You matter to me, therefore I will be there for you always.”
I will never keep things from you because you have my respect and friendship. If I find out someone is putting you down, I will stand up for you. ”
“Your character will always shine when I speak about you because to damage your name is to damage ours.”
“I will go to the ends of the earth to save you from yourself or others.”
“What you have to say is important to me because I see you’re hurting and that hurts me, so I am going to listen. Together we will solve this problem.”
“I don’t care about your past. That was yesterday. Today, we are going to start over because people make mistakes, but they don’t have to pay for them for the rest of their life.”
How can I help you get through this?
“In sickness or in health...I meant it and I will search the world to find a way to keep you in it because you mean that much to me.”
“I don’t want to be your parent. I want to be your best friend, lover, cheering section, playmate and fill all the important parts of your soul. Together we will fill the rest as equals.Marriage Quote #30
The only person that should wear your ring is the one person that would never…
Shannon L. Alder
1.Ask you to remain silent and look the other way while they hurt another.
2.Jeopardize your future by taking risks that could potentially ruin your finances or reputation.
3.Teach your children that hurting others is okay because God loves them more. God didn’t ask you to keep your family together at the expense of doing evil to others.
4.Uses religious guilt to control you, while they are doing unreligious things.
5.Doesn't believe their actions have long lasting repercussions that could affect other people negatively.
6.Reminds you of your faults, but justifies their own.
7.Uses the kids to manipulate you into believing you are nothing. As if to suggest, you couldn’t leave the relationship and establish a better Christian marriage with someone that doesn’t do these things. Thus, making you believe God hates all the divorced people and will abandon you by not bringing someone better to your life, after you decide to leave. As if!
8.They humiliate you online and in their inner circle. They let their friends, family and world know your transgressions.
9. They tell you no marriage is perfect and you are not trying, yet they are the one that has stirred up more drama through their insecurities.
10.They say they are sorry, but they don’t show proof through restoring what they have done.
11.They don’t make you a better person because you are miserable. They have only made you a victim or a bitter survivor because of their need for control over you.
12.Their version of success comes at the cost of stepping on others.
13.They make your marriage a public event, in order for you to prove your love online for them.
14.They lie, but their lies are often justified.
15.You constantly have to start over and over and over with them, as if a connection could be grown and love restored through a honeymoon phase, or constant parental supervision of one another’s down falls.
16.They tell you that they don’t care about anyone other than who they love. However, their actions don’t show they love you, rather their love has become bitter insecurity disguised in statements such as, “Look what I did for us. This is how much I care.”
17.They tell you who you can interact with and who you can’t.
18.They believe the outside world is to blame for their unhappiness.
19.They brought you to a point of improvement, but no longer have your respect.
20. They don't make you feel anything, but regret. You know in your heart you settled.
You May Also Like
- Silence Quotes | Quotes about Silence
- Conscience Quotes | Quotes about Conscience
- Birthday Quotes | Quotes about Birthday
- Metaphysics Quotes | Quotes about Metaphysics
- Entrepreneur Quotes | Quotes about Entrepreneur
- Uplifting Quotes | Quotes about Uplifting
- Right Quotes | Quotes about Right
- Random Quotes | Quotes about Random
- Realization Quotes | Quotes about Realization
- Sexuality Quotes | Quotes about Sexuality
Recent Posts
- Courage Quotes | Quotes about Courage
- Quote Quotes | Quotes about Quote
- Intelligence Quotes | Quotes about Intelligence
- Religion Quotes | Quotes about Religion
- Truth Quotes | Quotes about Truth
- Death Quotes | Quotes about Death
- Women Quotes | Quotes about Women
- Music Quotes | Quotes about Music
- Friendship Quotes | Quotes about Friendship
- Beauty Quotes | Quotes about Beauty
0 comments:
Post a Comment