Evangelism Quotes | Quotes about Evangelism

Leave a Comment
  • Evangelism Quote #1

    A clear picture of that which God wants for us is rarely clearly articulated.

    R. Alan Woods [2012]

  • Evangelism Quote #2

    A Jesus Follower can explain our One God in Three Persons is like an equilateral triangle. Both have three, conjoined, and distinct but identical parts. This is a simple way to help non-Followers of Jesus who struggle with the concept of Trinity to better understand the Three Personalities of our One Living God...God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

    gfp '42©
  • Evangelism Quote #3

    Adopt the positive in everything you do, for there will always be positivity there to find, if that is what you seek.

    Chris Murray
  • Evangelism Quote #4

    After the original rapture of conversion had settled in, (Bob) Dylan backed away from his obviously Christian lyrics and returned to his more metaphorical use of language.

    Ron Jacobs
  • Evangelism Quote #5

    All too often people say to artists, 'To be an artist is fine if your art can be used for evangelism.' And art has often become a tool for evangelism. But let's be precise. As such there is nothing against this. But we must be aware that art cannot be used to show the validity of Christianity; it should rather be the reverse. Christianity is true; things and actions and human endeavor only get their meaning from their relationship to God; if Christ came to make us human, the humanity and the reality of art find their foundation in him. So art should not be used to preach even if it can help. Yet there is another way that art can be or is meaningful.

    H.R. Rookmaaker
  • Evangelism Quote #6

    All topics should be studied through the lens of the Gospel.

    C.J. Mahaney
  • Evangelism Quote #7

    An Evangelists heart cry is for the lost, not so much on maturing the saints, or weeding sin out of
    the church, or pastoring the flock, but for the lost to see Christ, and the sin he bore for them, and
    cry out for them to run to Him!

    Billy Witt
  • Evangelism Quote #8

    Ancient wisdom collides with modern crises, equipping believers to image Christ in a world entranced with salvific knock-offs.

    Owen Strachan
  • Evangelism Quote #9

    And so it must be with the energy you muster for your own work. Get out there and convert the unconverted. Save them all from the charlatans and the nearly-men.

    Chris Murray
  • Evangelism Quote #10

    And this presence of the Spirit will enlighten not only yellow skin people or white skin people but even black skin people. I believe in the last days the Spirit of God will be poured out in the nations of Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism. Because Jesus Christ is the Lord. Jesus Christ is the Lord of the Universe. Amen.

    Brother Yun
  • Evangelism Quote #11

    Anti-intellectualism and fullness of the Holy Spirit are mutually incompatible. Wherever the Holy Spirit has given His freedom, truth is bound to matter.

    John R.W. Stott
  • Evangelism Quote #12

    Anytime you feel like you don't have any work to do, just look around. Look for what God had started doing and ask for his permission to assist him in doing it.

    Israelmore Ayivor
  • Evangelism Quote #13

    As the church get older and older it becomes harder to keep evangelism on the front burner because of all the competing issues that keeps pushing it back.

    Gary Rohrmayer
  • Evangelism Quote #14

    Author conveys contemporary respect for Methodist preachers who rode the circuit of frontier settlements to put themselves at risk for the Gospel near the Second Great Awakening. They were dubbed 'God's light artillery'.

    Nancy Pearcey
  • Evangelism Quote #15

    Be willing to be unliked and ridiculed in order to speak the words of the One who matters most.

    Dillon Burroughs
  • Evangelism Quote #16

    Because children already have a realization of their weakness, is this not the best opportunity to apply the gospel to their hearts?

    Matt Chandler
  • Evangelism Quote #17

    Because cultures and languages are constantly changing and because the apostolic testimony must be attested in ever-new circumstances, it is a necessary feature of the apostolic tradition that it both guard the original testimony and make it understandable in new culture settings. Failing either is to default on the apostolic tradition. Far from implying unbending immobility, apostolicity requires constant adaptation of the primitive apostolic testimony to new historical challenges and languages, yet without altering or diluting the primitive witness.

    Thomas C. Oden
  • Evangelism Quote #18

    Before they are preachers, leaders or church planters, the disciples are to be lovers! This is the test of whether or not they have known Jesus. This remains the case today: this cross-love is the primary, dynamic test of whether or not we have understood the gospel word and experienced its power...It is our cross-love for each other that proclaims the truth of the gospel to a watching and skeptical world. Our love for one another, to the extent that it imitates and conforms to the cross-love of Jesus for us, is evangelistic.

    ?pp. 56-7

    Tim Chester
  • Evangelism Quote #19

    Before we can influence our culture, our visions must die.

    Mark Sayers
  • Evangelism Quote #20

    Beginning with sin instead of creation is like trying to read a book by opening it in the middle: You don’t know the characters and can’t make sense of the plot.

    Nancy Pearcey
  • Evangelism Quote #21

    Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain.

    Bob Dylan
  • Evangelism Quote #22

    But some of it (evangelistic persuasion) is going to come through service. The deficit that many Christians face is that people look at followers of Christ more for what they’re against than what they’re for.

    Skip Vaccarello
  • Evangelism Quote #23

    Can you imagine doing ministry the last five hundred years and getting away with ‘Sorry, I don’t do books’? Can you imagine doing ministry in the next five years and getting away with ‘Sorry, I don’t do Facebook’?

    Leonard Sweet
  • Evangelism Quote #24

    Cause every task of your day to be a sacred ministry to the Lord. however mundane your duties, for you they are a sacrament.

    Richard J. Foster
  • Evangelism Quote #25

    Christ's mighty prayers are as vocal to God as His daily services. He witnesses under all circumstances.

    Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Evangelism Quote #26

    City of God interprets all of the human story, from Creation to the Last Judgment, as the drama of divine providence and human free choice, especially the choice between the two most fundamental options of membership in one or the other of the two cities. The City of God is the invisible community of all who love God; the City of the World is all those who love the world and themselves as their God.

    Peter Kreeft
  • Evangelism Quote #27

    Conversions were easy, but making full-time disciples was hard.

    Larry Eskridge
  • Evangelism Quote #28

    Cop-out excuses and catch-phrase dismissals can only work so long before the holes in the religious argument cannot be ignored any longer.

    Steve Dustcircle
  • Evangelism Quote #29

    Destiny and fate are of one’s own making, and riches and happiness are rarely found at the end of an easily-traversed path.

    Chris Murray
  • Evangelism Quote #30

    Did you know I always thought you were braver than me? Did you ever guess that that was why I was so afraid? It wasn't that I only loved some of you. But I wondered if you could ever love more than some of me.

    I knew I'd miss you. But the surprising thing is, you never leave me. I never forget a thing. Every kind of love, it seems, is the only one. It doesn't happen twice. And I never expected that you could have a broken heart and love with it too, so much that it doesn't seem broken at all. I know young people look at me and think my youth seems so far away, but it's all around me, and you're all around me. Tiger Lily, do you think magic exists if it can be explained? I can explain why I loved you, I can explain the theory of evolution that tells me why mermaids live in Neverland and nowhere else. But it still feels magic.

    The lost boys all stood at our wedding. Does it seem odd to you that they could have stood at a wedding that wasn't yours and mine? It does to me. and I'm sorry for it, and for a lot, and I also wouldn't change it.

    It is so quiet here. Even with all the trains and the streets and the people. It's nothing like the jungle. The boys have grown. Everything has grown. Do you think you will ever grow? I hope not. I like to think that even if I change and fade away, some other people won't.

    I like to think that one day after I die, at least one small particle of me - of all the particles that will spread everywhere - will float all the way to Neverland, and be part of a flower or something like that, like that poet said, the one that your Tik Tok loved. I like to think that nothing's final, and that everyone gets to be together even when it looks like they don't, that it all works out even when all the evidence seems to say something else, that you and I are always young in the woods, and that I'll see you sometime again, even if it's not with any kind of eyes I know of or understand. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the way things go after all - that all things end happy. Even for you and Tik Tok. and for you and me.

    Always,
    Your Peter

    P.S. Please give my love to Tink. She was always such a funny little bug.

    Jodi Lynn Anderson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.