Trouble Quotes | Quotes about Trouble

Leave a Comment
  • Trouble Quote #1

    It was hot at the restaurant, I said. So I rolled up my sleeves.
    What?

    I pushed my left one up, showing four bruises, dark as ink spots. Simon paled.
    My aunt wanted to know what happened. When I wouldn't tell her, she tricked me into admitting it was a boy. She met Derek this morning and he was rude, so she decided it had to be him. I never confirmed it. If he's in trouble, it is not my fault. I had every right to tell someone and I didn't.
    Okay, okay.
    He rubbed his mouth, still staring at my arm. So he grabbed your arm. That's what it looks like. Right? He just grabbed harder than he thought.
    He threw me across the room.

    Simon's eyes widened, then he lowered his lids to hide his surprise. But he didn't mean to. If you saw how freaked out he was last night, you'd know that.
    So that makes it okay? If I lose my temper and smack you, it's all right, because I didn't mean to, didn't plan to.
    You don't understand. He just—
    She's right.
    Derek's voice preceded him around the corner.
    I shrank back. I couldn't help it. As I did, a look passed through Derek's eyes. Remorse? Guilt? He blinked it away.

    Kelley Armstrong

  • Trouble Quote #2

    Looking for trouble, he'd say. You're gonna look til you find it.
    Trouble is the looker, she'd answer. It keeps looking till it finds you. Might as well find it first.
    Why do you want to die?
    I don't, she'd say. I just want to live.

    Victoria Schwab
  • Trouble Quote #3

    [...] tenho de ouvir Mary Elizabeth falar sem parar de todas as coisas importantes que ela me mostra o tempo todo. É quase como se só houvesse três coisas envolvidas [no relacionamento]: Mary Elizabeth, eu e as coisas importantes.

    Stephen Chbosky
  • Trouble Quote #4

    A corpse boasted of being pain and trouble free. No one envied his lot.

    Marty Rubin
  • Trouble Quote #5

    A crust of bread and a corner to sleep in. A minute to smile and an hour to weep in. A pint of joy to a peck of trouble, And never a laugh but the moans come double. And that is life. A crust and a corner that makes love precious, With a smile to warm and tears to refresh us, And joy seems sweeter when cares come after, And a moan is the finest of foils for laughter. And that is life.

    Paul Laurence Dunbar
  • Trouble Quote #6

    A life without trouble and tragedy is boring and not a plot for comedy.

    Debasish Mridha
  • Trouble Quote #7

    A mystery. He smiled, his teeth a white gleam in the shadowed face. I like mysteries.

    Don't you have enough to do without going looking for trouble?

    I especially like mysteries that involve trouble.

    M.J. Scott
  • Trouble Quote #8

    A tree doesn't make a thunderstorm, but any fool knows where lightning's going to strike.

    Patrick Rothfuss
  • Trouble Quote #9

    A troubled life beats having no life at all

    Richard M. Cohen
  • Trouble Quote #10

    Adversity hath slain her thousand, but prosperity her ten thousand.

    Thomas Brooks
  • Trouble Quote #11

    Adversity sure does gives you trouble, but it keeps you humble.

    Amit Kalantri
  • Trouble Quote #12

    After graduating early from high school, I carefully listened to the quarterback during my first play in college spring ball. My mind was on the very basics of football: alignment, assignment, and where to stand in the huddle.

    The quarterback broke the huddle and I ran to the line, meeting the confident eyes of a defensive end—6-foot-6, 260- pound Matt Shaughnessy.

    I was seventeen, a true freshman, and he was a 23-year-old fifth-year senior, a third-round draft pick. Huge difference between the two of us. Impressing the coach was not on my mind. Survival was. “Oh, Jesus,” I said. I wasn’t cursing. I was praying for help.

    Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray ( James 5:13).

    That day Matt came off the ball so fast. Bam! Next thing I knew, I was flat on my back, thrown to the ground. I got up and limped back to the huddle.

    Four years later...standing on the sidelines in my first NFL game, bouncing on my toes, waiting for my chance to go in, one of the tight ends went down. My time to shine! Where do I stand? Who do I have? I look up and meet the same eyes I met on my first play in college football.
    Matt Shaughnessy! ...

    Jake Byrne
  • Trouble Quote #13

    After six long hours of driving and three rest stops, Tiger pulls up to a snow-topped, metal speaker box just outside the State Penitentiary's first gate in Walla Walla. As he rolls down his window and snow flies in his face, Joshua starts begging for a Happy Meal.
    I turn around, snapping at him. This ISN'T MCDONALDS and YOU AREN'T HUNGRY. NOW SHUT UP BRAT.
    A loud scratchy masculine voice blasts out of the speaker. CAN I HELP YOU?
    Tiger leans out the window, as he answers- We're here to visit Raven Chandler.
    HAVE YOU BEEN HERE BEFORE?
    Yes sir. I've been here A LOT.
    WHERE'S HIS MOTHER?
    I don't know.. I haven't seen her in months.
    NOT THE PRISONER'S MOTHER. THE BRAT IN THE BACK SEAT OF YOUR JEEP.
    Oh- HIM- As he turns, smiling and sticking his tongue out at Joshua, I lean towards his window to answer the guard's question.
    SHE'S IN VEGAS, SIR. I'M BABYSITTING. HE'S MY GODSON. When the speaker remains disturbingly silent for far too long, I continue. HE'S A GOOD BOY SIR. HE WON'T BE ANY TROUBLE- I SWEAR.
    THAT'S RIGHT, Tiger said. HE SWEARS ON THE LITTLE BRAT'S MOTHER'S GRAVE.

    Giorge Leedy
  • Trouble Quote #14

    All I know is, being away from you......makes it hard to breathe. I miss you so much

    Samantha Towle
  • Trouble Quote #15

    Always be careful of where you run to. When the going gets tough, take it easy and slow down, else you venture into the den of lions.

    Michael Bassey Johnson
  • Trouble Quote #16

    Always stick to the story. It was when you started backtracking that people got in trouble. Interrogation 101.

    Nicholas Sparks
  • Trouble Quote #17

    An idle tongue is the mother of all conflicts.

    Dennis E. Adonis
  • Trouble Quote #18

    And no matter what anybody says, I don't believe all this trouble started when women got the vote. As far as I'm concerned, it goddamn well got started when you taught each other how to read.

    Susan Elizabeth Phillips
  • Trouble Quote #19

    And the trouble with bad times is, you can't sleep through them.

    Jerry Spinelli
  • Trouble Quote #20

    As the Great Magician says, there will always be trouble in the world. That’s why I say, there will always be a time for heroes.

    Mark Andrew Poe
  • Trouble Quote #21

    At any time, and under any circumstances of human interest, is it not strange to see how little real hold the objects of the natural world amid which we live can gain on our hearts and minds? We go to Nature for comfort in trouble, and sympathy in joy, only in books. Admiration of those beauties of the inanimate world, which modern poetry so largely and so eloquently describes, is not, even in the best of us, one of the original instincts of our nature.

    Wilkie Collins
  • Trouble Quote #22

    baby, it's never an insult to be called what somebody thinks is a bad name. It just shows how poor that person is, it doesn't hurt you. So don't let Mrs Dubose get you down. She had enough troubles or her own.

    Harper Lee
  • Trouble Quote #23

    Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble. -Frank Tyger

    Frank Tyger
  • Trouble Quote #24

    Be patient with your troubles.
    With patient you will overcome the mountains and the troubles.

    Lailah Gifty Akita
  • Trouble Quote #25

    Because he had been- and in many ways still was- such a brilliant man, he no doubt understood the nature of his memory problem. It wasn't pride that prevented him from asking for help but a deep aversion to causing more trouble than necessary for those of us who lived in the normal world.

    Yoko Ogawa
  • Trouble Quote #26

    Because I fuckin' love you Mia...
    That didn't come out exactly as I'd planned, but it is the truth. I'm in love with you...

    Samantha Towle
  • Trouble Quote #27

    Because it's my fault, you see. I did it. And you must always clean up your own messes, even when your messes look just like you and curtsy very viciously when what they mean is, I am going to make trouble forever and ever.

    Catherynne M. Valente
  • Trouble Quote #28

    Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain.

    Bob Dylan
  • Trouble Quote #29

    Besides…where Rincewind went’ – he lowered his voice – ‘trouble followed behind.’
    Ridcully noticed that the wizards drew a little closer together.
    ‘Sounds all right to me,’ he said. ‘Best place for trouble, behind.

    Terry Pratchett
  • Trouble Quote #30

    Both she and I have grief enough and trouble enough, but as for regrets – neither of us have any.

    Vincent van Gogh

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.