Snow Quote #1
..snow gently settles like dust in a shaft - for one moment there is no one else - only the wind like the hiss of an ice skate ...
John GeddesSnow Quote #2
…there’s just something beautiful about walking on snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special, even though you know you’re not.
Carol Rifka BruntSnow Quote #3
…to celebrate by making love the first snow of winter.
R.A.LucasSnow Quote #4
A few feathery flakes are scattered widely through the air, and hover downward with uncertain flight, now almost alighting on the earth, now whirled again aloft into remote regions of the atmosphere.
Nathaniel HawthorneSnow Quote #5
A man could be at the coffee-house every evening laughing and playing cards with his friends, he could have so much fun with his classmates that there is never a moment they arent´t exploding into laughter, he could spend every hour of the day chatting with his intimates, but if that man has been abandoned by God, he´d still be the loneliest man on earth.
Orhan PamukSnow Quote #6
A person looked at me and said I can't believe you eat ice cream when it's cold out I replied oh that's nothing I drink water also when it rains
Stanley Victor PaskavichSnow Quote #7
A small and sinister snow seems to be coming down relentlessly at present. The radio says it is eventually going to be sleet and rain, but I don't think so; I think it is just going to go on and on, coming down, until the whole world...etc. It has that look.
Edward GoreySnow Quote #8
A wave of Time hangs motionless on this particular shore.
Theodore Roethke
I notice a tree, arsenical grey in the light, or the slow
Wheel of the stars, the Great Bear glittering colder than snow,
And remember there was something else I was hoping for.Snow Quote #9
A wet autumn morning, a garbage truck clattering down the street. The first snowfall of the season, blossom sized flakes falling languidly and melting on teh ground, a premature snow fall delicate as lace, rapidly melting.
Joyce Carol OatesSnow Quote #10
After six long hours of driving and three rest stops, Tiger pulls up to a snow-topped, metal speaker box just outside the State Penitentiary's first gate in Walla Walla. As he rolls down his window and snow flies in his face, Joshua starts begging for a Happy Meal.
Giorge Leedy
I turn around, snapping at him. This ISN'T MCDONALDS and YOU AREN'T HUNGRY. NOW SHUT UP BRAT.
A loud scratchy masculine voice blasts out of the speaker. CAN I HELP YOU?
Tiger leans out the window, as he answers- We're here to visit Raven Chandler.
HAVE YOU BEEN HERE BEFORE?
Yes sir. I've been here A LOT.
WHERE'S HIS MOTHER?
I don't know.. I haven't seen her in months.
NOT THE PRISONER'S MOTHER. THE BRAT IN THE BACK SEAT OF YOUR JEEP.
Oh- HIM- As he turns, smiling and sticking his tongue out at Joshua, I lean towards his window to answer the guard's question.
SHE'S IN VEGAS, SIR. I'M BABYSITTING. HE'S MY GODSON. When the speaker remains disturbingly silent for far too long, I continue. HE'S A GOOD BOY SIR. HE WON'T BE ANY TROUBLE- I SWEAR.
THAT'S RIGHT, Tiger said. HE SWEARS ON THE LITTLE BRAT'S MOTHER'S GRAVE.Snow Quote #11
All night, snow.
Cordelia Jensen
Open the window,
stretch my arms out.
Keep my eyes open
in the white, whipping wind.
There are few cars on the highway.
The river's frozen in places.
In a city that never stops,
I can hardly hear anything.
For tonight, the city gives me
what I need.Snow Quote #12
All through dinner Arturo and I held hands under the table like a couple of kids, and that made the dinner quite wonderful, even though Mrs. Fletcher kept staring at Olivia as though committing her to memory. It got so bad that Olivia turned to her husband and said: Has it happened at last, Gerald? Have I become a curiosity?
Helen OyeyemiSnow Quote #13
And as he walked through the snow his footsteps disappeared behind him. He felt at that moment that he was coming from nowhere and going nowhere, that life isn't a dream or a fantasy, it is a long trudge through falling snow.
Chloe ThurlowSnow Quote #14
And if the worst, or best, happens, and Death comes for you in the snow, he comes disguised as Sleep, and you greet him rather as a welcome friend than a gruesome foe.
Apsley CherryGarrardSnow Quote #15
And she imagined how things could be later. It was stupid, but the picture just appeared in her mind. Abel and Magnus shoveling snow together... in twenty years, in thirty. Magnus had grown old, his broad back still strong but bent from time, his hair nearly white at the temples. And Abel... Abel was a different Abel, an adult one, one who was absolutely self-confident and didn't let his eyes dart around the room at lunch, as if he were caught in trap.
Antonia Michaelis
Nonsense, she whispered. Thirty years? You don't stay with the person you meet at seventeen... what kind of fairy tale are you living in, Anna Leemann?
And still the picture seemed right.Snow Quote #16
and the idea of nothingness — the most terrifying of all ideas, when thought of with feeling — has, in my dear master’s work and in my memories of him, something as high and luminous as sunlight upon snowy, unscalable peaks.
Álvaro de CamposSnow Quote #17
And the mist of snow, as he had foreseen, was still on it - a ghost of snow falling in the bright sunlight, softly and steadily floating and turning and pausing, soundlessly meeting the snow that covered, as with a transparent mirage, the bare bright cobbles. He loved it - he stood still and loved it. Its beauty was paralyzing - beyond all words, all experience, all dream. No fairy-story he had ever read could be compared with it - none had ever given him this extraordinary combination of ethereal loveliness with a something else, unnameable, which was just faintly and deliciously terrifying.
Conrad Aiken
(Silent Snow, Secret Snow)Snow Quote #18
Anne came dancing home in the purple winter twilight across the snowy places.
L.M. MontgomerySnow Quote #19
Are ye the ghosts of fallen leaves, O flakes of snow, For which, through naked trees, the winds A-mourning go?
John B. TabbSnow Quote #20
as Eskimo language is to snow, so archaic English is to 'metal objects designed to cause harm'.
Austin GrossmanSnow Quote #21
beauty such as theirs was something with which one lived joyously — racing with the wind, with storm and snow, dancing in the frost or among the golden wattles, galloping, galloping in the spring sun. Life might be dangerous, with beauty that was so difficult to hide, but life was always and ever had been very, very good
Elyne MitchellSnow Quote #22
Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain.
Bob DylanSnow Quote #23
But germs are the most common snowflake starters and lie at the heart of 85 percent of all flakes.2
Bob Berman
So next time you gaze at a lovely snowstorm, inform your favorite germophobe or hypochondriac that living bacteria sit shivering in most of those untold billions of flakes. Then hand him or her a snow cone or organize a catch-a-snowflake-on-your-tongue party.
Once the ice-forming process is started, more molecules join the party, and the crystal grows. It can ultimately become either a snowflake or a rough granule of ice called by the odd name graupel. A snowflake contains ten quintillion water molecules. That’s ten million trillion. Ten snowflakes—which can fit on your thumb tip—have the same number of molecules as there are grains of sand on the earth. Or stars in the visible universe. How many flakes, how many molecules fashioned the snowy landscape I was observing as I drove east? It numbed the brain.Snow Quote #24
But no one believes in that way what he reads in a novel...Oh yes they do. If only to see themselves as wise and superior and humanistic, they need to think of us as sweet and funny, and convince themselves that they sympathize with the way we are and even love us.
Orhan PamukSnow Quote #25
By March, the worst of the winter would be over. The snow would thaw, the rivers begin to run and the world would wake into itself again.
Neil Gaiman
Not that year.
Winter hung in there, like an invalid refusing to die. Day after grey day the ice stayed hard; the world remained unfriendly and cold.Snow Quote #26
Centomila gavette vuote di cibo, colme di ghiaccio, costellavano la neve e segnavano la sorte dei combattenti imprigionati nella sacca presso il Don.
Giulio BedeschiSnow Quote #27
dark furrow lines grid the snow, punctuated by orange abacus beads of pumpkins - now the crows own the field
John GeddesSnow Quote #28
Deb and I were married on a snowy night - wind cross-wove a veil of snow for her then threw confetti at us as we left the lighted church...
John GeddesSnow Quote #29
Did you know I always thought you were braver than me? Did you ever guess that that was why I was so afraid? It wasn't that I only loved some of you. But I wondered if you could ever love more than some of me.
Jodi Lynn Anderson
I knew I'd miss you. But the surprising thing is, you never leave me. I never forget a thing. Every kind of love, it seems, is the only one. It doesn't happen twice. And I never expected that you could have a broken heart and love with it too, so much that it doesn't seem broken at all. I know young people look at me and think my youth seems so far away, but it's all around me, and you're all around me. Tiger Lily, do you think magic exists if it can be explained? I can explain why I loved you, I can explain the theory of evolution that tells me why mermaids live in Neverland and nowhere else. But it still feels magic.
The lost boys all stood at our wedding. Does it seem odd to you that they could have stood at a wedding that wasn't yours and mine? It does to me. and I'm sorry for it, and for a lot, and I also wouldn't change it.
It is so quiet here. Even with all the trains and the streets and the people. It's nothing like the jungle. The boys have grown. Everything has grown. Do you think you will ever grow? I hope not. I like to think that even if I change and fade away, some other people won't.
I like to think that one day after I die, at least one small particle of me - of all the particles that will spread everywhere - will float all the way to Neverland, and be part of a flower or something like that, like that poet said, the one that your Tik Tok loved. I like to think that nothing's final, and that everyone gets to be together even when it looks like they don't, that it all works out even when all the evidence seems to say something else, that you and I are always young in the woods, and that I'll see you sometime again, even if it's not with any kind of eyes I know of or understand. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the way things go after all - that all things end happy. Even for you and Tik Tok. and for you and me.
Always,
Your Peter
P.S. Please give my love to Tink. She was always such a funny little bug.Snow Quote #30
Do not fall in love with people like me.
Caitlyn Siehl
I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth.
I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible. And when I leave you will finally understand, why storms are named after people.
You May Also Like
- Inspire Quotes | Quotes about Inspire
- Christian Living Quotes | Quotes about Christian Living
- Darkness Quotes | Quotes about Darkness
- Light Quotes | Quotes about Light
- Fighting Quotes | Quotes about Fighting
- Heartache Quotes | Quotes about Heartache
- Mistake Quotes | Quotes about Mistake
- Historical Fiction Quotes | Quotes about Historical Fiction
- Woman Quotes | Quotes about Woman
- Despair Quotes | Quotes about Despair
Recent Posts
- Self Development Quotes | Quotes about Self Development
- Economy Quotes | Quotes about Economy
- Human Rights Quotes | Quotes about Human Rights
- Biography Quotes | Quotes about Biography
- Autumn Quotes | Quotes about Autumn
- Perfect Quotes | Quotes about Perfect
- Harmony Quotes | Quotes about Harmony
- Sociology Quotes | Quotes about Sociology
- Realization Quotes | Quotes about Realization
- Be Yourself Quotes | Quotes about Be Yourself
0 comments:
Post a Comment