Relationship Quotes | Quotes about Relationship

Leave a Comment
  • Relationship Quote #1

    !I0m not blaming you, he stated firmly. I'm just trying to think. God, Kate, there are times when I think you hate me. When I think you would do anything to get rid of me. And then... there's last night. And all of the other times like it. I have never been more alive than when I'm with you.

    Rachel Higginson

  • Relationship Quote #2

    (Georgie) Why is it that you always want to run after the one that goes off in a huff, and push away the one who is clinging to you?

    Nancy Woodruff
  • Relationship Quote #3

    (Her husband's departure ...) had picked Mildred up by the hair and dropped her down at the doorstep of insanity.
    From Butterfly on F street

    Edward P. Jones
  • Relationship Quote #4

    (I think this will be the title of my new book)

    I Learned Everything I Needed to Know About Narcissistic Personality Disorder on My Last Date

    Brenda Priddy
  • Relationship Quote #5

    (In reference to swingers) In the meantime, if you wish to declare yourself polyamorous, get used to the fact that the confusion is gong to remain as a pejorative. Sure, clear up the misunderstanding as much as you can, but don't put too much effort into setting yourself up as a good, responsible, community-oriented polyamorist by contrasting yourself to the bad swingers - they may not be your siblings, but they're definitely your cousins.

    Anthony D. Ravenscroft
  • Relationship Quote #6

    (Peter) If you don't share the lows, it seems you might stop sharing the highs as well.

    Nancy Woodruff
  • Relationship Quote #7

    (Regarding Marriage) Both people need to care deeply about the other person, to put the other’s needs before their own, and to make a daily commitment to that person to stick it out.

    Alessandra Torre
  • Relationship Quote #8

    (When asked “Was the model for Midori (a character in Norwegian Wood) modeled after your wife?”)
    I showed your message to my wife. She got mad and yelled: “What would make them think I was the model for Midori?!” She told me to fix the misunderstanding immediately, so that’s why I’m writing this reply now. Please stop causing problems in my household. Thank you.

    Haruki Murakami
  • Relationship Quote #9

    (When)
    When you call me nugget.
    When you take pictures of me.
    When you dance.
    When you complement me.
    When you laugh.
    When your eyes squint as you smile.
    When we make love when we're sick.
    I fall more in love with you.

    Crystal Woods
  • Relationship Quote #10

    - Ar daug žmoniu mes mylime iš tikruju? Turetum žinoti, juk esi daug keliaves?
    - Tik viena kita...

    Herbjørg Wassmo
  • Relationship Quote #11

    - My love is about 2/3rds as invisible as her love, and that sort of transparency isn’t really all that healthy in a relationship.
    - I chop trees down with my sharpened mustache, remember? Cloning works, but can lead you in the wrong direction.
    -Jarod Kintz and Stefan D

    Stefan D
  • Relationship Quote #12

    - Nós vamos encontrar um jeito - respondo.
    - Isso não é uma resposta. É uma esperança.
    - A esperança nos trouxe até aqui. Não as respostas.

    David Levithan
  • Relationship Quote #13

    -Hey, neighbor, is your wife free for a date today??
    -No, I’m taking her out this afternoon??
    -Great! Then you won’t mind if I come over and mow your lawn. Sucker!

    Jarod Kintz
  • Relationship Quote #14

    . . . but it was their relation, and his coming to her like that, openly, so that anyone could see, that discomposed her; for then people said he depended on her, when they must know that of the two he was infinitely the more important, and what she gave the world, in comparison with what he gave, negligible.

    Virginia Woolf
  • Relationship Quote #15

    ..begin by talking about the kind of existentialist chaos that exists in our own lives and our inability to overcome the sense of alienation and frustration we experience when we try to create bonds of intimacy and solidarity with one another. Now part of this frustration is to be understood again in relation to structures and institutions. In the way in which our culture of consumption has promoted an addiction to stimulation - one that puts a premium on packaged and commodified stimulation. The market does this to convince us that our consumption keeps oiling the economy for it to reproduce itself. But the effect of this addiction to stimulation is an undermining, a waning of our ability for qualitatively rich relationships.

    Cornel West
  • Relationship Quote #16

    ..he had trampled her poor, pining heart, and the wound was still raw, even these many years later.

    Ransom Riggs
  • Relationship Quote #17

    ..he may love you, he may miss you, but ultimately he's just not that into you.

    Greg Behrendt
  • Relationship Quote #18

    ..I don't even know her yet..but if she could see me right now, I'd want her to know that I love her..

    Unknown
  • Relationship Quote #19

    ..I find it incredible impossible not to cry when I hear Stevie Nicks's Landslide, especially the lyric: I've been afraid of changing, because I've built my life around you. I think a good test to see if a human is actually a robot/android/cylon is to have them listen to this song lyric and study their reaction. If they don't cry, you should stab them through the heart. You will find a fusebox.

    Mindy Kaling
  • Relationship Quote #20

    .But i couldn't. Was nowhere near ready for a committed relationship, and it wouldn't be fair. I needed time - to become the right man for a woman like you.

    Marci Shimoff
  • Relationship Quote #21

    .or drive up to his parents' house, one of you plugging into the car's stereo an outlandish playlist, with which you would both sing along, loudly, being extravagantly silly as adults the way you never were as children. As you got older, you realize that really, there were very few people you truly wanted to be around for more than a few days at a time, and yet here you were with someone you wanted to be around for years, even when he was at his most opaque and confusing.

    Hanya Yanagihara
  • Relationship Quote #22

    .though modern Marriage is a tremendous laboratory, its members are often utterly without preparation for the partnership function. How much agony and remorse and failure could have been avoided if there had been at least some rudimentary learning before they entered the partnership.And that statement is equally valid for all relationships.

    Leo Buscaglia
  • Relationship Quote #23

    'Better to have loved and lost,' my ass.

    Anyone parroting that little platitude had obviously never lost anyone of consequence.

    Nenia Campbell
  • Relationship Quote #24

    People who don't make something good of what they've got are bound to end up desperate.

    Gordon Merrick
  • Relationship Quote #25

    That is marriage, he thought, remaking yourself in someone else’s image. And who knew where the truth of it began or would end?

    Ashley Hay
  • Relationship Quote #26

    You get what you give, we will tell his sorry, selfish ass. The Betty Lady has spoken. I detect a Bronx accent.
    But, I demur, it will make the other woman say, ´See? She IS a jealous and paranoid and pushy wife.´
    The Betty Lady rips open a cell phone statement with a nail file and, without looking up at me, says, Let me tell you something, honey. In my experience? The only thing they care about is what they see in the mirror each morning and WINNING...or their perception of winning.

    Suzanne Finnamore
  • Relationship Quote #27

    contiguous, adj.

    I felt silly for even mentioning it, but once I did, I knew I had to explain.
    When I was a kid, I had this puzzle with all fifty states on it--you know, the kind where you have to fit them all together. And one day I got it in my head that California and Nevada were in love. I told my mom, and she had no idea what I was talking about. I ran and got those two pieces and showed it to her--California and Nevada, completely in love. So a lot of the time when we're like this--my ankles against the backs of your ankles, my knees fitting into the backs of your knees, my thighs on the backs of your legs, my stomach against your back, my chin folding into your neck--I can't help but think about California and Nevada, and how we're a lot like them. If someone were drawing us from above as a map. that's what we'd look like; that's how we are.
    For a moment, you were quiet. And then you nestled in and whispered.
    Contiguous.
    And I knew you understood.

    David Levithan
  • Relationship Quote #28

    Frida Kahlo to Marty McConnell

    leaving is not enough; you must
    stay gone. train your heart
    like a dog. change the locks
    even on the house he’s never
    visited. you lucky, lucky girl.
    you have an apartment
    just your size. a bathtub
    full of tea. a heart the size
    of Arizona, but not nearly
    so arid. don’t wish away
    your cracked past, your
    crooked toes, your problems
    are papier mache puppets
    you made or bought because the vendor
    at the market was so compelling you just
    had to have them. you had to have him.
    and you did. and now you pull down
    the bridge between your houses,
    you make him call before
    he visits, you take a lover
    for granted, you take
    a lover who looks at you
    like maybe you are magic. make
    the first bottle you consume
    in this place a relic. place it
    on whatever altar you fashion
    with a knife and five cranberries.
    don’t lose too much weight.
    stupid girls are always trying
    to disappear as revenge. and you
    are not stupid. you loved a man
    with more hands than a parade
    of beggars, and here you stand. heart
    like a four-poster bed. heart like a canvas.
    heart leaking something so strong
    they can smell it in the street.

    Marty McConnell
  • Relationship Quote #29

    I KNEW IT WAS OVER

    when tonight you couldn't make the phone ring
    when you used to make the sun rise
    when trees used to throw themselves
    in front of you
    to be paper for love letters
    that was how i knew i had to do it

    swaddle the kids we never had
    against january's cold slice
    bundle them in winter
    clothes they never needed
    so i could drop them off at my mom's
    even though she lives on the other side of the country
    and at this late west coast hour is
    assuredly east coast sleeping
    peacefully

    her house was lit like a candle
    the way homes should be
    warm and golden
    and home
    and the kids ran in
    and jumped at the bichon frise
    named lucky
    that she never had
    they hugged the dog
    it wriggled
    and the kids were happy
    yours and mine
    the ones we never had
    and my mom was

    grand maternal, which is to say, with style
    that only comes when you've seen
    enough to know grace

    like when to pretend it's christmas or
    a birthday so
    she lit her voice with tiny
    lights and pretended
    she didn't see me crying

    as i drove away
    to the hotel connected to the bar
    where i ordered the cheapest whisky they had

    just because it shares your first name
    because they don't make a whisky
    called baby
    and i only thought what i got
    was what
    i ordered

    i toasted the hangover
    inevitable as sun
    that used to rise
    in your name

    i toasted the carnivals
    we never went to
    and the things you never won
    for me
    the ferris wheels we never
    kissed on and all the dreams
    between us
    that sat there
    like balloons on a carney's board
    waiting to explode with passion
    but slowly deflated
    hung slave
    under the pin-
    prick of a tack

    hung
    heads down
    like lovers
    when it doesn't
    work, like me
    at last call
    after too many cheap

    too many sweet
    too much
    whisky makes me
    sick, like the smell of cheap,

    like the smell of
    the dead

    like the cheap, dead flowers
    you never sent
    that i never threw
    out of the window
    of a car
    i never
    really
    owned

    Daphne Gottlieb
  • Relationship Quote #30

    misgivings, n.

    Last night, I got up the courage to ask you if you regretted us.
    There are things I miss, you said. But if I didn't have you, I'd miss more.

    David Levithan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.