Page 2 of Memoir Quotes | Quotes about Memoir

Leave a Comment
  • Memoir Quote #1

    Already, this little-walked gigantic trail through my country’s Western wilderness held in my mind the promise of escape from myself, the liberation only a huge transformation could grant me. This walk would be my salvation. It had to be.

    Aspen Matis

  • Memoir Quote #2

    Although my understanding of exactly how much trouble I was in grew more specific over time, as a child I surely understood enough about my condition to know it was something I'd better keep private. By intuition I was certain that the thing I knew to be true was something others would find both impossible and hilarious. My conviction, by the way, had nothing to do with a desire to be feminine, but it had everything to do with being female. Which is an odd believe for a person born male. It certainly had nothing to do with whether I was attracted to girls or boys. This last point was the one that, years later, would most frequently elude people, including the overeducated smarty-pants who constituted much of my inner circle. But being gay or lesbian is about sexual orientation. Being transgedered is about identity.

    Jennifer Finney Boylan
  • Memoir Quote #3

    An intensely gripping narrative...expertly crafted and totally addictive...a must read!

    Maggie Reese
  • Memoir Quote #4

    And even though people like to furrow their brow like they suspect you're not being honest about yourself, the truth is that they worry that you're not serving their idea of you.

    Ahmir Questlove Thompson
  • Memoir Quote #5

    And I was cooking for three, and teaching, and taking care of a man who’d just collapsed in my house; learning to cook like June Cleaver didn’t exactly seem an option.

    Mark Doty
  • Memoir Quote #6

    And now it was official: I loved REI more than I loved the people behind Snapple lemonade.

    Cheryl Strayed
  • Memoir Quote #7

    And so we went. And so it went. And, slowly, I began to learn: speaking in the same language does not equal communication, especially when there is a cultural divide.

    Gerry Abbey
  • Memoir Quote #8

    And so, despite the complex web of paths, waterfalls, cliffs, as a hiker wanders downhill, drainages merge, faint, abstract paths coalesce, thicken, until there is one path – the one, natural, trodden way.

    Aspen Matis
  • Memoir Quote #9

    And some people have less star appeal than others, but sometimes they shine far brighter than those with more.

    Mickey Leigh
  • Memoir Quote #10

    And the idea of light unexplainably produced out of nothing was haunting, it shook me. A flat drab mountain could produce its own light, no one in this whole world knows why, and if that was possible then of course there must be other things that seemed impossible that weren’t, and so anything—great and terrible—felt possible to me now.

    Aspen Matis
  • Memoir Quote #11

    And there were the warm spaces in the music I loved the most, openings through which I could enter and lay my burdens down. There, behind the groove and riding on the melody, I was complete and free.

    Rashod Ollison
  • Memoir Quote #12

    Another note to self; turn cellphone to silent when you’re trying to be sneaky.

    Suzie Ivy
  • Memoir Quote #13

    Answering the question 'How would you like to smell?' by saying 'I'd rather I didn't' is also no longer acceptable. It's not playing the game. Men are expected to put some cash into the cosmetic pot too - it's seen as almost un-feminist not to. What a uniquely capitalist response to that gender inequality: women have been forced by convention for generations - millennia - to spend money on expensive clothes and agonising shoes, to daub themselves with reality-concealing slap, to smell expensively inhuman, to self-mutilate in pursuit of eternal youth; and this, quite rightly, has come to be deemed unfair. But how do we end this hell? We make men do it too. Well done everyone.

    David Mitchell
  • Memoir Quote #14

    Any action a woman engages in from a spirit of joy, and within a similarly safe and joyous environment, falls within the city-walls of feminism. A girl has a right to dance how she wants, when her favourite record comes on.

    Caitlin Moran
  • Memoir Quote #15

    As I travelled south through Europe everything got bigger. This applied to nice things like fruit-the nectarines and tomatoes were about six times as large in Greece as they were in Britain for example. But the principle also applied to unpleasant things, like spiders, and worms, and all other nameless and horrifying insects and arachnids of Greece.

    Margaret Eleanor Leigh
  • Memoir Quote #16

    As if violence could make light. Maybe violence could make light.

    Aspen Matis
  • Memoir Quote #17

    As Samson demonstrated, going bald ruins lives.

    Brendan Jack
  • Memoir Quote #18

    As the lights fade to a distant glow, I look back toward the city and imagine, somewhere in all of those lives, a little girl who is a lot like me. Maybe she rides in a car thinking about someone living far away from these lights and people. Even though our lives are separated by so much I wonder if she imagines the world through eyes like mine.

    Noriko Nakada
  • Memoir Quote #19

    As the silence returned, I sat back and felt the tension ease away; I hadn’t even known I was tense. A few moments passed and once again the cycling fan laced in with the clanging chains and mixed with the rumbling mower and the buzzing insects.

    Gerry Abbey
  • Memoir Quote #20

    As well as writing, 2004 saw my first attempt at wine making: the elixir of life. Unfortunately, my effort tasted more like the elixir of death.

    Craig Briggs
  • Memoir Quote #21

    Ask not what your Joe Montaperto can do for you, but rather what YOU can do for your Joe Montaperto.

    Joe Montaperto
  • Memoir Quote #22

    At the Beginning there was Incomplete information,then belief and then an abstract idea but if you reach Pure reasoning then you start to understand the dualities of life itself.The sunset,the sunrise;A star from approximately 93 million miles away and still as bright as it is in the sky some where unknown.

    J.T.Abraham
  • Memoir Quote #23

    At times I feel as if I am spread out over the landscape and inside things, and am myself living in every tree, in the splashing of the waves, in the clouds and the animals that come and go, in the procession of the seasons. There is nothing in the Tower that has not grown into its own form over the decades, nothing with which I am not linked. Here everything has its history, and mine; here is space for the spaceless kingdom of the world's and the psyche's hinterland.

    C.G. Jung
  • Memoir Quote #24

    Audrey Hepburn, as famous as she was, packed her own suitcases... I don’t know why that struck me, but it did. 'She has a servant’s heart,' I thought.

    Gavin MacLeod
  • Memoir Quote #25

    autism is more like retina patterns than measles

    Naoki Higashida
  • Memoir Quote #26

    BARRY GIFFORD, Author of Wild at Heart on DANGEROUS ODDS by Marisa Lankester:

    Marisa Lankester's unique chronicle of high crimes and low company is as wild a ride as any reader is likely to be taken on. She was the lone woman in the eye of a predatory hurricane that blew across continents and devastated countless lives.

    That she survived is testament to her brains and bravery. The old-timers who invented violence as a second language contended that nothing is deadlier than the female, to cross her was to buck dangerous odds, and this book tells you why.

    Film Wild at Heart won Palme D’Or at the Cannes Film Festival, Film by David Lynch

    Barry Gifford
  • Memoir Quote #27

    Be good, or good at it.

    Belo Miguel Cipriani
  • Memoir Quote #28

    Because I feared I couldn't walk to Newton Centre without her, I needed to hike through desert, snow and woods alone.

    Childhood is a wilderness.

    Aspen Matis
  • Memoir Quote #29

    Because when you’re a 23-year old party girl who has to pee you don’t really think about the possibility that your nerdy bouncer friend might suddenly start acting like a trench-coated pedophile who flashes kids at the park.

    Kate Madison
  • Memoir Quote #30

    Become your own soulmate. Then you'll always have someone watching your back, and you'll always have someone who loves you.

    Rebecca O'Donnell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.