Anxiety Quote #1
All relationship systems become anxious. People put together and inevitably anxiety will arise. Anxiety can be infectious. We can give it to others or catch it from them. What precisely triggers anxiety is unique to each system. Common Activators are significant changes and losses. They upset the stable patterns and balance of the system.
Peter L. SteinkeAnxiety Quote #2
All the greatest blessings are a source of anxiety, and at no time should fortune be less trusted than when it is best; to maintain prosperity there is need of other prosperity, and in behalf of the prayers that have turned out well we must make still other prayers. For everything that comes to us from chance is unstable, and the higher it rises, the more liable it is to fall. Moreover, what is doomed to perish brings pleasure to no one; very wretched, therefore, and not merely short, must the life of those be who work hard to gain what they must work harder to keep. By great toil they attain what they wish, and with anxiety hold what they have attained; meanwhile they take no account of time that will never more return.
SenecaAnxiety Quote #3
All these things we do bespeak a terrible anxiety: that our children simply will not be able to make it through life if we do not perform totemic acts to keep them on the path toward self-perfection and keep their lives pure and unfettered by distracting emotion, personality foibles, or less-than-ideal experiences.
Judith WarnerAnxiety Quote #4
All this wondering was the weather vane on top of the building of unrest and of discontent
John SteinbeckAnxiety Quote #5
Almost everything that I've ever worried about has never happened ..
Ian TuckerAnxiety Quote #6
Although enlightened people know that an extreme phobia wasn't a form of madness, hey could not help but regard it as odd.
Dean KoontzAnxiety Quote #7
An observant friend will recognize the signs of the rise of grief: eyes that easily well with tears, a smile that is difficult to sustain, a tendency to withdraw. And ultimately, perhaps we each need to create our own symbol of grieving — to wear our version of black, or maybe to color with black crayons for a while.
Sandy Oshiro RosenAnxiety Quote #8
An uncertain evil causes anxiety because, at the bottom of one's heart, one goes on hoping till the last moment that it may not be true; a certain evil, on the other hand, instills, for a time, a kind of dreary tranquillity.
Alberto MoraviaAnxiety Quote #9
And because his narrator was characterized above all by his anxiety regarding the disconnect between his internal experience and his social self-presentation, the more intensely the author worried about distinguishing himself from the narrator, the more he felt he had become him.
Ben LernerAnxiety Quote #10
And if I talk to him, I'll say something wrong, give something away. I can feel it coming, a betrayal of myself.
Margaret AtwoodAnxiety Quote #11
And if she had appeared, would I have dared to speak to her?
Marcel ProustAnxiety Quote #12
Anxiety and depression, and the physical symptoms they cause, are merely distractions and smokescreens to “protect” you from dangers, which are usually, imaginary.
Charles F. GlassmanAnxiety Quote #13
Anxiety and panic happen to be mundane phenomena, i.e., even when they are caused by extraordinary things like war and rape, they tend to occur when things are ordinary and predictable and relatively stable, against a backdrop of normal, everyday experience. This, of course, is one of the features of anxiety and panic that make them suck so bad.
Daniel SmithAnxiety Quote #14
anxiety becomes high energy when taken to the light. For me, it worked like this: I used to live in a constant state of anxiety, worrying about the past and the future. Now I do my best to focus my attention on the present moment. So the mental energy I used to waste on worrying is channeled into the present, making me better able to focus intently and enthusiastically on a task (whether work or play). In a similar way, perfection becomes tenacity, and compulsivity becomes drive. Traits that once brought us down can lift us up when taken to the light.
Jenni SchaeferAnxiety Quote #15
ANXIETY i will transform you into something useful and productive. I will not bow down to you.
THE ENDAnxiety Quote #16
Anxiety is the handmaiden of contemporary ambition.
Alain de BottonAnxiety Quote #17
Anxiety kicked in. I lacked people skills all my life. Any normal human interaction was foreign to me. I don’t know what to say, to not look like a major dork or something. I am weird like that. Always were.
Tia Artemis
The dead – that’s a whole other world we’re talking about. They can’t interfere with my everyday life, other than to annoy me. I can be myself around the dead. The dead are good. The living? Not so much.Anxiety Quote #18
Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it—just as we have learned to live with storms.
Paulo CoelhoAnxiety Quote #19
Anxiety, and the physical symptoms it causes, is merely fog along the path of independence and discovery.
Charles F. GlassmanAnxiety Quote #20
Anxiety, in short, is a conscious feeling. It can arise in a bottom-up way, driven by activity in defensive circuits or from higher processes that conceptualize worry, either about an uncertain future or about existence itself.
Joseph LeDouxAnxiety Quote #21
Anxiously attached Codependents demonstrate the ability to maximize the attention they get from their partner, regardless of whether it is positive or negative (i.e., I'd rather be screamed at than ignored). Manipulation is used to keep the inattentive or inconsistent partner involved by alternating dramatic angry demands with needy dependence. When the partner is preoccupied and not paying attention, the anxious Codependent explodes in angry demands and behaviors that cannot be ignored.
Mary Crocker CookAnxiety Quote #22
Arrogance is someone claiming to have come to Christ, but they won't spend more than five minutes listening to your journey because they are more concerned about their own well being, rather than being a true disciple of Christ. Blessed is the person that takes the time to heal and hear another person so they can move on.
Shannon L. AlderAnxiety Quote #23
As a young girl, and still to this day, I struggle with trying to figure everything out. Figure out why things happen, what they mean, and how they all work together. It sometimes drives me crazy. Not literally, but I do sometimes feel different. Like maybe I think too much.
J.W. LordAnxiety Quote #24
As for the fear, you'll have to put up with that like the rest of us.
William GoldingAnxiety Quote #25
As she stared at the restless pixels on the screen, her impatience grew. This agitation was familiar, a paradoxical feeling that built up inside her when she was spending too much time online, as though some force was at once goading her and holding her back. How to describe it? A temporal stuttering, an urgent lassitude, a feeling of simultaneous rushing and lagging behind. It was a horrible, stilted, panicky sensation, hard to put into words.
Ruth OzekiAnxiety Quote #26
as the determinants of high status keep shifting, so, too, naturally, will the triggers of status anxiety be altered.
Alain de BottonAnxiety Quote #27
As we’ve already mentioned, the main premise of the worrier is that things are uniformly dangerous. No risks can be tolerated. It is here, in the mind of the worrier, that the four rules of anxiety come into play: detect danger, catastrophize danger, control all the circumstances, and avoid discomfort. Sticking to this set of rules greatly interferes with one’s ability to assess risks in a balanced and rational way.
Robert L. LeahyAnxiety Quote #28
At first, when a child meets something that scares him, the fear grows, like a wave. But when he goes into the water and swims - gets used to the water - the wave grows small. If we pull the child away when the wave is high, he never sees that, never learns how to swim and remains afraid. If he gets a chance to feel strong, in control, that's called coping. When he copes, he feels better.
Jonathan KellermanAnxiety Quote #29
At that moment my shyness and anxiety all flooded back and I took a few steps back, and then sank to the ground; crouching, overwhelmed, covering my face. ‘What will he think? What if he already hates me? Maybe I was wrong in the first place? Maybe he didn’t like me at all.’ No matter how much I tried, I wasn’t able to produce a single positive thought to counter my panic. I wasn’t able to take a deep breath and relax. This day had been too eventful. I began to shake furiously, afraid of what was to come. ‘He hates me! He hates me!’ I thought over and over. Hot tears began to fall down my cheeks and I squeezed my eyes trying to stop them. My breathing quickened. What was I doing? I had said what I wanted, proudly, trying to be something to him but here I was: a total mess.
Anja Owona Okoa
‘What kind of a confession ends in a panic attack? GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!’ I thought furiously, my efforts rewarded with futility. The world started to spin, my mouth becoming numb for reasons I couldn’t understand, almost as if to prevent me from panicking aloud. As if I had the friggin’ courage.Anxiety Quote #30
At the fall, we became alienated not only from God and other people but also from ourselves.
R.C. Sproul
You May Also Like
- Possibility Quotes | Quotes about Possibility
- 2 of Richelle Goodrich Quotes | Quotes about Richelle Goodrich
- Believe In Yourself Quotes | Quotes about Believe In Yourself
- Equality Quotes | Quotes about Equality
- Physics Quotes | Quotes about Physics
- Peace Quotes | Quotes about Peace
- Architecture Quotes | Quotes about Architecture
- Music Quotes | Quotes about Music
- Influence Quotes | Quotes about Influence
- Waiting Quotes | Quotes about Waiting
Recent Posts
- Page 2 of Drama Quotes | Quotes about Drama
- Page 2 of Mindfulness Quotes | Quotes about Mindfulness
- Page 2 of Ego Quotes | Quotes about Ego
- Page 2 of Capitalism Quotes | Quotes about Capitalism
- Page 2 of Theology Quotes | Quotes about Theology
- Page 2 of Memoir Quotes | Quotes about Memoir
- Page 2 of Right Quotes | Quotes about Right
- Page 2 of Revolution Quotes | Quotes about Revolution
- Page 2 of Parenthood Quotes | Quotes about Parenthood
- Page 2 of Bizarre Quotes | Quotes about Bizarre
0 comments:
Post a Comment