Nothing Quotes | Quotes about Nothing

Leave a Comment
  • Nothing Quote #1

    #Cats are marvelous creatures - they either adapt to circumstances, or decide to make circumstances adapt to them. Either way - they win.

    Will Advise

  • Nothing Quote #2

    *Nothing is free* asserts two things. Both assertions are true.

    Mokokoma Mokhonoana
  • Nothing Quote #3

    -I don’t want you to do anything.
    -Well then I won’t do anything.?
    -Thank you.?
    -Doing nothing, it’s the least I can do.

    Jarod Kintz
  • Nothing Quote #4

    There’s nothing gained in lamenting what never was.

    Peter V. Brett
  • Nothing Quote #5

    A book about books is like a poem about poetry:

    Books are knowledge, paid for, all.
    Readers - horses in a stall.
    Stallions should always run.
    Lest they stale become, in turn.

    Running waters are most clear.
    In some books, you disappear –
    lose yourself, and track of time.
    How I wish that one was mine...

    Mine, to have, to write, to read...
    Mine, just like a flying steed.
    Mine, forever, - to improve.
    Would I then, of me, approve?

    I would not, I can't... myself.
    I'm but dust, swept off a shelf.
    Fly, can I, just 'til I'm settled,
    down, beside my flower, petalled.

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #6

    A love poem about the most invisible woman:

    The perfect mind, the perfect cover.
    I knew her, like… there was no other.
    No, I will never, her, forget.
    In pure blood - these words are set.
    She walks alone now, in my dreams,
    where no is never, so it seems.
    The night is dark, and near the hour –
    to plant a tree, where roses flower.
    And then, again, again, once more,
    Till hidden is what I adore.
    Her heart was pure, and also kind,
    And I… should not have acted blind.

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #7

    A poem to Raymond, whom everybody loves, originally composed on a waterproof smartphone in a sea of love, which was hidden under the pile of garbage that my bum-pals that have no pen names, or pen-pals, or names, for that matter, brought to me as an offering on the 1st of April 1877, exactly 111 years and 7 months before I was brought forth to this world, because some anonymous prophet told them this would bring luck, joy, happiness, food, and, of course – shelter from evil (he was lying):

    If it's fantasy you seek,
    to E. Feist then, you must speak.
    All he writes is all there is,
    for his words, they move the seas.
    .
    I would write, but I know naught.
    In my heart there is a draught.
    Hidden desert - golden sands.
    Few my love can ever stand.

    And so far I've talked to many,
    a reply - will there be any?
    I know - not, yet I know naught,
    all to question, I was taught...

    So I learn, I borrow wisdom,
    from the great, the ones with vision.
    They can teach, the few that grasp,
    concepts from a long forgotten past.

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #8

    A relationship is a process. If you have nothing to learn - you have a slave to teach. 's why schools are effective.

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #9

    A Very Short Poem for Poor Lovers

    You’ve got nothing,
    I’ve got nothing,
    And it’s not a good thing.

    Arzum Uzun
  • Nothing Quote #10

    Afterwards, over drinks, one of the barbarians asked me what I dreamt of. I, of course, was taken aback. They say barbarians don't dream. But I told him... I dream of tangible nothing, I said.
    So you mean nothing as something, then? the barbarian replied over the rim of his gin-and-tonic.
    I mean unity, dissolving into non-self, I said, just to be confusing.

    James Curcio
  • Nothing Quote #11

    All Authors come from the unified countrynent known as Australia. Authors live in the future where love is external.

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #12

    All he had was nothing, but that was something, and now it had been taken away.

    Terry Pratchett
  • Nothing Quote #13

    All my friends are bums. We all gather round our camp-fire (in a can) and sing songs of togetherness as we cuddle, to preserve our warmth...

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #14

    An imaginary friend once asked me why Americans can't stand Russia. The answer was cold, deadly, silent, and, well expected. It’s because in Soviet Russia nothing happens anymore, because it doesn’t exist anymore. And Americans are all about happenings. If there isn’t one – they don’t go where it isn’t, because there isn’t anything to happen to them there.

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #15

    And I will wait for Jarod to work for me. For free, cause if it's paid, it's work and not love, unless, of course he loves to work, in which case he’ll surely love working for me, because I love people who love to do that to love to do that.

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #16

    And now, for something completely the same:

    Wasted time and wasted breath,
    's what I'll make, until my death.
    Helping people 'd be as good,
    but I wouldn't, if I could.

    For the few that help deserve,
    have no need, or not the nerve,
    help from strangers to accept,
    plus from mine a few have wept.

    Wept from joy, or from despair,
    or just from my vengeful stare.
    Ways I have, to look at stupid,
    make them see I am not Cupid.

    Make them see they are in error,
    for of truth I am a bearer.
    Most decide I'm just a bear,
    mauling at them, - like I care.

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #17

    Around this world will I be enough?
    From the liquor stores, to the train stop floors, your filthy room, your drama blues
    I am nothing if I'm not with you.

    Sara Quin
  • Nothing Quote #18

    Art is a passion or it is nothing

    Robert Fry
  • Nothing Quote #19

    As an evil cultist, I make an excellent evil cultist. Only I'm stupid, and not evil. And I worship nothing, really.

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #20

    As for those who disbelieve, their deeds are like a mirage in a desert. The thirsty one thinks it to be water, until he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing, but he finds Allah with him, Who will pay him his due (Hell). And Allah is Swift in taking account.

    Anonymous
  • Nothing Quote #21

    As pathetic as it was, she'd rather hold on to the possibility of something perfect than be hit with the reality of nothing much.

    Francine Pascal
  • Nothing Quote #22

    As the days and weeks and seasons wore on he found himself repeating this nothing, not wanting to. Gradually he came to understand that this particular nothing was all that he could really say now. He chanted it to himself in cell blocks and dingy apartments, recited it like a litany, ripped himself to rags against the sharp and ugly poetry of it. It echoed down the grimy hallways and squandered moments of his life, the answer to every question, the lyric of all songs.

    Scott Hawkins
  • Nothing Quote #23

    As to your Newton, I confess I do not understand his void and his gravity; I admit he has demonstrated the movement of the heavenly bodies with more exactitude than his forerunners; but you will admit it is an absurdity to maintain the existence of Nothing.

    [Letter to Voltaire, 25 Nov. 1777]

    Frederick the Great
  • Nothing Quote #24

    Astride of a grave and a difficult birth.
    Down in the hole, lingeringly, the grave digger puts on the forceps.
    We have time to grow old.
    The air is full of our cries.
    But habit is a great deadener.
    At me too someone is looking, of me too someone is saying, He is sleeping, he knows nothing.
    Let him sleep on.

    Samuel Beckett
  • Nothing Quote #25

    At the gates of Heaven, if you had the chance to plead your case before Jesus, what will you say? Say nothing because your words cannot save you. John 3:16

    Felix Wantang
  • Nothing Quote #26

    Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain.

    Bob Dylan
  • Nothing Quote #27

    Being skilled in Catsism is like being a ninja only deadlier and not so silent. The only bad thing is the sickening grammar you have to use.

    Will Advise
  • Nothing Quote #28

    Breath (from the book Blue Bridge)

    Whispering to myself
    With every step I take,
    Trying out names, for I know
    There is something yet to be called …..

    I know it, something up ahead
    Just around the bend
    Or over the rise –
    A bird taking to the sky
    From the edge of a jagged cliff –
    A bird floating outwards
    In silence ……. A silence
    Waiting for a footstep
    To crunch on stones,
    For a voice to fling upward
    Through sharp sunlight
    With a name…… calling
    Before the bird could call
    Before the bird called.

    Oh the bird was there alright
    And sure it took flight
    When it heard me approach
    But it broke my heart
    With a mighty croak!

    So I’m sitting here playing
    With a purple flower
    Slender stem, no leaves
    Purple fizz –

    And it’s quiet again.
    I am still
    I am nothing
    And the hill
    Is a long, long slope
    Down, down, down to the sea
    Far below.

    I could roll
    I could run
    I could scream
    But I am nothing.

    A cool wind blows
    And the light is naked and nameless
    And the rocks are faces of angels
    And the bird in the sky wheels
    And cries to forget the earth
    And its ancient bones –
    Oh, sensual pain –
    Wings…. Wings…. Wings,
    Singing wings.

    If only I could begin
    To describe the emptiness
    Which fills me to the brim
    With new breath

    I might almost lose my name
    And take instead a feather for my soul.

    Jay Woodman
  • Nothing Quote #29

    But for the present I would lie there and know I didn't have to get up, and feel the holy emptiness and blessed fatigue of a saint after the dark night of the soul. For God and Nothing have a lot in common. You look either one of Them straight in the eye for a second and the immediate effect on the human constitution is the same.

    Robert Penn Warren
  • Nothing Quote #30

    But is there really such a thing as nothing, as nothingness? I don't now. I know we're still here, who knows for how long, ablaze with our care, its ongoing song.

    Maggie Nelson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.