Football Quote #1
(The paradox of Italian soccer). As everyone knows, Italian men are the most foppish representatives of their sex on the planet. They smear on substantial quantities of hair care products and expend considerable mental energies color-coordinating socks with belts. Because of their dandyism, the world has Vespa, Prada, and Renzo Piano. With such theological devotion to aesthetic pleasure, it is truly perplexing that their national style of soccer should be so devoid of this quality.
Franklin FoerFootball Quote #2
*I love climbing mountains in all fields (Whatever was this fields).
Charles Dickens
*I love tranquility and it is more for me precious than money.
*Honesty is a few valuable nowadays.
after willing of God and Step by step with Concentration i will achieve What I want to.Football Quote #3
[Books are] vital to learning. Half the population don't go to football matches but that doesn't make football any less important.
John SutherlandFootball Quote #4
[F]or the most part football these days is the opium of the people, not to speak of their crack cocaine. Its icon is the impeccably Tory, slavishly conformist Beckham. The Reds are no longer the Bolsheviks. Nobody serious about political change can shirk the fact that the game has to be abolished. And any political outfit that tried it on would have about as much chance of power as the chief executive of BP has in taking over from Oprah Winfrey.
Terry EagletonFootball Quote #5
[Football] has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting.
George OrwellFootball Quote #6
•“…it is easy to read that this game is more than just a game, it is a culmination of a group of coaches and boys on a mission to not just experience, but rather to achieve something that only they believe is truly possible.
George M. GilbertFootball Quote #7
•I have experienced the youth of Generation X, Y and currently Z. Teenage boys have changed in many ways over the years. Yet still they are quite similar to the boys I first coached in 1980 at a high school in Ohio.
George M. GilbertFootball Quote #8
— Stii, Laura... Eu tin la tine mai mult decât esti dispusa tu sa-ti
Rodica OjogBrasoveanu
închipui.
Încerc sa râd, desi ma simt impresionata:
— Înseamna ca nu mi-ai declarat-o destul de raspicat.
— Mi-a fost frica...
— Frica?!
— Da. Mi-ai spus mereu ca toata viata ti-ai dorit luna de pe cer. Face
o pauza: Eu zic ca daca ai avea-o...
— Daca as avea-o...
— Ai juca football cu eaFootball Quote #9
A friend tells a story about taking his ten-year-old son to a Jets game. The game was being played during a driving rain on a freezing cold day, and the Jets lost by twenty points to a team they were supposed to beat. As they headed toward the exits, the boy looked up, with tears in his eyes, and asked, 'Dad, why are we Jets fans?
Joe QueenanFootball Quote #10
A handful of individual football stars—not necessarily the most talented, but those boasting good looks, beautiful wives and an animated private life—assumed a role in European public life and popular newspapers hitherto reserved for movie starlets or minor royalty. When David Beckham (an English player of moderate technical gifts but an unsurpassed talent for self-promotion) moved from Manchester United to Real Madrid in 2003, it made headline television news in every member-state of the European Union. Beckham’s embarrassing performance at the European Football Championships in Portugal the following year—the England captain missed two penalties, hastening his country’s ignominious early departure—did little to dampen the enthusiasm of his fans.
Tony JudtFootball Quote #11
A man with new ideas is a madman, until his ideas triumph.
Marcelo BielsaFootball Quote #12
A team goal requires a team effort.
George M. GilbertFootball Quote #13
After graduating early from high school, I carefully listened to the quarterback during my first play in college spring ball. My mind was on the very basics of football: alignment, assignment, and where to stand in the huddle.
Jake Byrne
The quarterback broke the huddle and I ran to the line, meeting the confident eyes of a defensive end—6-foot-6, 260- pound Matt Shaughnessy.
I was seventeen, a true freshman, and he was a 23-year-old fifth-year senior, a third-round draft pick. Huge difference between the two of us. Impressing the coach was not on my mind. Survival was. “Oh, Jesus,” I said. I wasn’t cursing. I was praying for help.
Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray ( James 5:13).
That day Matt came off the ball so fast. Bam! Next thing I knew, I was flat on my back, thrown to the ground. I got up and limped back to the huddle.
Four years later...standing on the sidelines in my first NFL game, bouncing on my toes, waiting for my chance to go in, one of the tight ends went down. My time to shine! Where do I stand? Who do I have? I look up and meet the same eyes I met on my first play in college football.
Matt Shaughnessy! ...Football Quote #14
Age does not count. It’s what you know about football that matters.
David PeaceFootball Quote #15
All the propagandist like FIFA, ICC, Olympics are hypnotizing you to be radical patriotic in the name of sports.
Anup JoshiFootball Quote #16
America is a country built on unity, hard work and diligent pursuit of personal goals leading to collective success.
George M. GilbertFootball Quote #17
An atheist is a man who watches a Notre Dame - Southern Methodist University game and doesn't care who wins.
Dwight D. EisenhowerFootball Quote #18
And it started out fun. We were chattering enthusiastically, flipping between CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News. But as the evening wore on, and the numbers rolled in, it got quieter, and I found myself becoming intensely depressed. Why was I putting myself through this? The issues I’ve devoted my life to have become so marginalized by the coverage that they have no possible relevance to me. I can’t even blame the media — people simply don’t care about alternate-party politics. And why should they? I’m so far in the minority that my activism is a joke, a punchline that stopped being funny years ago. It goes beyond rooting for the underdog. It’s not rooting for the Giants: it’s more like, say, rooting for the Twins. But during the Super Bowl.
Phillip Andrew Bennett LowFootball Quote #19
And one fine day the goddess of the wind kisses the foot of man, that mistreated, scorned foot, and from that kiss the soccer idol is born. He is born in a straw crib in a tin-roofed shack and he enters the world clinging to a ball.
Eduardo GaleanoFootball Quote #20
Anti-intellectualism is one thing, but faith in wrongheaded pseudointellectualism is far worse.
Jonathan WilsonFootball Quote #21
Anybody who watches three games of football in a row should be declared brain dead.
Erma BombeckFootball Quote #22
Appearances can be misleading. You just never know what’s inside someone until he’s tested.
Daniel RodriguezFootball Quote #23
As I get older, the tyranny that football exerts over my life, and therefore over the lives of people around me, is less reasonable and less attractive. Family and friends know, after long years of wearying experience, that the fixture list always has the last word in any arrangement; they understand, or at least accept, that christenings or weddings or any gatherings, which in other families would take unquestioned precedence, can only be plotted after consultation. So football is regarded as a given disability that has to be worked around. If I were wheelchair-bound, nobody close to me would organise anything in a top-floor flat, so why would they plan anything for a winter Saturday afternoon.
Nick HornbyFootball Quote #24
As of today, you do anything that I feel is disrespecting our program in any way, you are gone! From this day forward, everyone will be at practice in uniform as we will either build this program into something or we will destroy it!
George M. GilbertFootball Quote #25
As the Protestants celebrate a goal, they're egged on by the team captain, a long-haired Italian called Lorenzo Amoruso, who has the look of a 1980s male model. Flailing his arms, he urges them to sing their anti-Catholic songs louder. The irony is obvious: Amoruso is a Catholic. For that matter, so are most of the Rangers players. Since the late nineties, Rangers routinely field nearly as many Catholics as Celtic. Their players come from Georgia, Argentina, Germany, Sweden, Portugal and Holland, because money can buy no better ones. Championships mean more than religious purity.
Franklin FoerFootball Quote #26
As you travel around medieval England you will come across a sport described by some contemporaries as 'abominable ... more common, undignified and worthless than any other game, rarely ending but with some loss, accident or disadvantage to the players themselves'. This is football.
Ian MortimerFootball Quote #27
At a play-off game with the Chargers, goose bumps ran down my arms as I rushed through the smoke-filled tunnel onto the field. The energy and voices of 70,000 screaming fans can turn even a veteran player’s determined squint into the wide eyes of a child on Christmas morning.
Jake Byrne
While the cheerleaders performed and urged on the crowd, running back Danny Woodhead turned to me. “Can you believe we get to do this?Football Quote #28
At the end of the week, when we sat down to dinner, all eyes went to the trays on the table, where browned-to-perfection mini corn dogs cuddled up against a variety of dipping sauces.
Jake Byrne
“This is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” A lineman wiped a tear from his eye.
“It’s like Christmas,” I said, all choked up.
“I love you, Coach.” The quarterback’s bottom lip quivered.
We dove into the pile of savory sausages, watched NFL football, and forgot our aches, pains, and camp struggles.Football Quote #29
Back in the 1930s, when men with handlebar moustaches played football in long johns and tails, and the ball was a spherical clod of bitumen, did fans weep in the stands when their team lost? No. They limited their responses to a muttered 'blast' or a muted 'hurrah' before going home to smoke a pipe and lean on the mantelpiece.
Charlie BrookerFootball Quote #30
Batting is like another language for Sachin, he always answers his critics by this language.
Amit Kalantri
You May Also Like
- Weakness Quotes | Quotes about Weakness
- Claryfray Quotes | Quotes about Claryfray
- Self Confidence Quotes | Quotes about Self Confidence
- Mothers Day Quotes | Quotes about Mothers Day
- Richelle Goodrich Quotes | Quotes about Richelle Goodrich
- Maturity Quotes | Quotes about Maturity
- Religious Quotes | Quotes about Religious
- Greed Quotes | Quotes about Greed
- Historical Quotes | Quotes about Historical
- Bdsm Quotes | Quotes about Bdsm
Recent Posts
- Historical Quotes | Quotes about Historical
- Manga Quotes | Quotes about Manga
- Truth Of Life Quotes | Quotes about Truth Of Life
- Libertarian Quotes | Quotes about Libertarian
- Mortality Quotes | Quotes about Mortality
- Procrastination Quotes | Quotes about Procrastination
- Geek Quotes | Quotes about Geek
- Journalism Quotes | Quotes about Journalism
- Superstition Quotes | Quotes about Superstition
- Wedding Quotes | Quotes about Wedding
0 comments:
Post a Comment